British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

5 minutes ago, double_O said:

Thanks.

Go to prem, then green sheet averages, then scroll down to the latest aves ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Never mind who's riding, who is the referee?

At least this week there won't be any TV cameras. Ignorance can be bliss sometimes.

Ronnie Allan at Somerset. Tony Steele at Kings Lynn.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, double_O said:

Can anyone explain what Charles Wrights average is?

BSPA has it at 6.19 and BWD is 5.22. Even allowing for the 5% that is way above????

Charles Wright is is 5.27

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

And remember, all the 5% moans are completely self inflicted. No point moaning about it when Poole had Ellis booked for the second leg. It all comes down to Allit booking Ellis for the first leg that caused the mess.

Hopefully the rules should have been changed to allow 5% home and away.

Gary may has said he can't use Wright at Lynn.. Only thing I can think of is there is no +5% away rule ! Seems that didn't last long?

Unless anyone knows another reason ?

the opportunity has presented itself for Charles to come in and do a job for us. I can't use him away but am delighted to have Paul Starke with us on Thursday

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Gary may has said he can't use Wright at Lynn.. Only thing I can think of is there is no +5% away rule ! Seems that didn't last long?

Unless anyone knows another reason ?

the opportunity has presented itself for Charles to come in and do a job for us. I can't use him away but am delighted to have Paul Starke with us on Thursday

As has been said previously Poole cheated in the final by using Nick Morris in the second leg.  They had an opportunity to win it fair and square but they chose not to.  They can crow all they want but at the end of day, Nick’s score should be expunged and KL are therefore the true champions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, poole keith said:

excuse me if im wrong, but all promoters agree at conference the principal for business reasons that teams have to win at home,hence, give the home team a strong guest

No !   that's not how it was described to me.   I was told,  by a high ranking BSPA individual,   because a rider would be more accustomed to riding  on his home track than a guest, it was therefore agreed all guests replacing an home rider would be granted an additional 5%  CMA to offset this advantage..      When riding an away track, a rider would not be so accustomed and therefore the 5% was not applicable.... :t:

Edited by g13webb

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

No !   that's not how it was described to me.   I was told,  by a high ranking BSPA individual,   because a rider would be more accustomed to riding  on his home track than a guest, it was therefore agreed all guests replacing an home rider would be granted an additional 5%  CMA to offset this advantage..      When riding an away track, a rider would not be so accustomed and therefore the 5% was not applicable.... :t:

That's how thought it went.. Looks like is the 5% away rule might of been on special offer for a day ;)

• Like 1

I think the Stars need to look at number 6 for the return at Lynn.

Charles Wright fits :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

As has been said previously Poole cheated in the final by using Nick Morris in the second leg.  They had an opportunity to win it fair and square but they chose not to.  They can crow all they want but at the end of day, Nick’s score should be expunged and KL are therefore the true champions.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Stop it my sides are hurting now :D

Absolute mountain to climb yet again. No way Lynn will claw it back tomorrow with the same guest reserve.:(

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think the Stars need to look at number 6 for the return at Lynn.

Charles Wright fits :P

Same old KL always trying to steal other people's guests! KL copycats has a nice ring to it! :D