British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

So this match has been hastily rescheduled for Sunday evening with the first leg taking part at Glasgow at 13:30 pm, the only sensible decision really given the awful weather forecast for Friday and Saturday.

I assume the Tigers will still be using Ricky Wells in place of the injured Craig Cook and Workington will be using rider replacement for Dan Bewley.

Lets hope for some good racing and may the best team win.:blink:

Edited by topaz325

This is assuming that Saturday night at Derwent Park is rained off........but the weather forecast for Workington is rain all day Friday and Saturday .

Saturday Meeting at Workington now confirmed as OFF, rerun will be Sunday at 7.30 at Derwent Park

Roll on Sunday then and some exciting speedway to look forward to.lets hope we get a good crowd to cheer the lads on.dont forget to put a speedway star aside for me Liz.thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Now that it’s confirmed for both meetings to be on Sunday let’s hope the weather is kind and both clubs get big turnouts as that’s the whole point of reaching the play offs.

think the Tigers could sneak it but ideally need at least a ten point win in the home leg.

Is Ricky Wells doing both meetings?

2 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Now that it’s confirmed for both meetings to be on Sunday let’s hope the weather is kind and both clubs get big turnouts as that’s the whole point of reaching the play offs.

think the Tigers could sneak it but ideally need at least a ten point win in the home leg.

is he doing any ?

Not an ideal situation to run two meetings in a day , this will surely have an impact on traveling fans.

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Not an ideal situation to run two meetings in a day , this will surely have an impact on traveling fans.

It worked quite well when we used to race against Newcastle.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Don't have a lot of options really.. there will still be a few from both sides making the journeys north and south...unfortunately I won't be one of them due to a prior engagement..I will be there in spirit tho and my partners in crime will keep me posted. Though I am gutted not to be there these things happen.

3 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

Now that’s what a strong Edinburgh side thought when they brought a 28 point lead ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another tough few meetings for the boys hopefully they approach them with the determination they showed against Edinburgh - this won't be easy so need to be on it! Heres to us making the final 

• Like 5

The amount of rain it has dumped down and is still continuing to do so,  the track staff will certainly have there work cut out, trying to get these meetings on.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Liz !!! said:

Saturday Meeting at Workington now confirmed as OFF, rerun will be Sunday at 7.30 at Derwent Park

2018 has been one of the hottest, driest summers on record.... and the speedway authorities - in their wisdom - delivered the shortest speedway season in the history of the sport, with endless numbers of blank dates in the diary and many teams going weeks without a fixture. Yet here we are in the midst of October's gales and deluges trying to stage the season's most important play-offs on sodden tracks. 

Am I alone in seeing the irony of this? You really couldn't make it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

2018 has been one of the hottest, driest summers on record.... and the speedway authorities - in their wisdom - delivered the shortest speedway season in the history of the sport, with endless numbers of blank dates in the diary and many teams going weeks without a fixture. Yet here we are in the midst of October's gales and deluges trying to stage the season's most important play-offs on sodden tracks. 

Am I alone in seeing the irony of this? You really couldn't make it up.

you are not a loan , a lawn , sorry , i mean ,a lone . we are ALL thinking the same thing !  being controlled by muppets in air conditioned porta cabins . (offices ) 

C'mon you Comets! 

Youve already done it to the other Scottish lot!

• Thanks 1