British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

Tough meeting, on paper harder than the Edinburgh one .... its all in the head and if our lads have the same approach as they did against Edinburgh to pull those points back then we can do this ! 55 - 35 prediction !

Give us a C

Lost by one point.

Looks like one reserve made all the difference........

Edited by Jonimac

Congratulations to the Comets , sounds like a nervous evening all round but a very busy end to the season for Workington looms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Doesn’t matter what Harris does if one reserve is  scoring ONE THIRD of a team’s points total over two legs.

Edited by Jonimac

Just now, JCookie said:

What a showing from Harris after Monday/Wednesday. Priorities elsewhere.

Been like that all season. Ironically his last bend EF earlier today that turned an easy 3-3 into a 1-5 appears to have cost us. We have a lot of lessons to learn on team selection from this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonimac said:

Doesn’t matter what Harris does if one reserve is  scoring ONE THIRD of a team’s points total over two legs.

It does matter, if he'd scored literally one more point you'd have won.

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Been like that all season. Ironically his last bend EF earlier today that turned an easy 3-3 into a 1-5 appears to have cost us. We have a lot of lessons to learn on team selection from this season.

You could also look at the points Workington threw away at the start of the meeting and Proctor coming off whilst second.

These evened themselves out, what i do agree with is Harris has been one major letdown.

Just now, Gazc said:

You could also look at the points Workington threw away at the start of the meeting and Proctor coming off whilst second.

These evened themselves out, what i do agree with is Harris has been one major letdown.

I know but that EF is just another one to add to the list. They never seemed to happen at Poole. Harris now leaves us on 7.71, the best part of a point lower than when he started with us. Signing riders on the way down rarely works out.

3 minutes ago, MD said:

I know but that EF is just another one to add to the list. They never seemed to happen at Poole. Harris now leaves us on 7.71, the best part of a point lower than when he started with us. Signing riders on the way down rarely works out.

We have history on our signing policy unfortunately. 

But i would rather give credit to Workington what a season they are having and is long overdue for them and there fans.

Our problems are of our own making will lessons be learned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Come onnnnnnnnnnnn! Ohhhhhh worky worky!!! 

Trying not to be smug...

Cannot contain my excitement, comets you f**king beauties! Losing my voice as the weeks go by, shouting our hearts out for the lads....:wub:feeling emotional! Can’t be the only comets fan getting butterflies?! :rofl:

A night filled with misfortune again for both teams! Harris not up to his best tonight, but comets riders also giving up points when in scoring positions. Really good to see a lot of travelling fans in tonight, much appreciated extra numbers on the gate! Unfortunate to lose out by one point, but never doubt the mighty comets!!! :D

Sarjeant through the tapes :nono::party:

Such a surreal feeling for comets fans, should we... maybe....just maybe start believing something special is about to happen?! Blue and white tears will be shed! 

Mason Campton take a bow! 

THREE FINALS :shock: #backthemarras #webelieve

Edited by WorkyWorky

Well done Comets , Mason Campton is your ace in the pack at reserve and you have strength in depth, you should go on and win all 3 trophies as I cant see you losing over 2 legs, frustratingly close for the Tiggers, well done to our guests Ricky Wells and Jordan Stewart. Hope the comets wont be lost to speedway next season.

• Thanks 2