British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Yet again Harris was put out when he didn't deserve to be.
Really got to wonder if the stories about HIM having the choice to go out in ht15 no matter the circumstances are true?

Welcome back at Peterborough anytime as far as I am concerned.

Well done Worky, Great win.

14 hours ago, Jonimac said:

Doesn’t matter what Harris does if one reserve is  scoring ONE THIRD of a team’s points total over two legs.

I agree that it must be galling to lose the match when a rider in an abnormally high scoring reserve position is consistently banging in double figure scores (particularly when the Comets No. 1 and No. 5 can't reach double figures between them in either meeting), but 'them's the rules' as they say, and all teams will have fallen victim to this situation at one time or another.  But don't forget he did actually beat the Glasgow riders to achieve his scores.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Sincere commiserations to Glasgow - that could have gone either way until the last bend of the last of the 30 races.

It should have been the final.

fantastic that it came down to the final bend after 30 races,what drama and excitemnt the playoffs can produce -- great to see

Congrats to  Worky--  a deserved final

18 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

I agree that it must be galling to lose the match when a rider in an abnormally high scoring reserve position is consistently banging in double figure scores (particularly when the Comets No. 1 and No. 5 can't reach double figures between them in either meeting), but 'them's the rules' as they say, and all teams will have fallen victim to this situation at one time or another.  But don't forget he did actually beat the Glasgow riders to achieve his scores.

What's this "thems the rules" Mason is 6th in the Workington averages because the other 5 have ridden better throughout the season that's how it works and has done in speedway for a very long time.He was  brilliant in both meetings yesterday and beat Tigers heat leaders with ease,some of the Tigers "star men" need to take a good look at themselves when it comes to commitment unlike Mason who gave it everything.Workington is a real Team effort throughout the season when 1 rider is having a poor day someone steps up.Hope the can finish with Trophies because they have had a very turbulent season and deserve something.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

Glasgow have an abornally high no 1 with Cook at 10.45 ...averages make up the team, ours strength in depth , “them’s the rules” :rolleyes:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What's this "thems the rules" Mason is 6th in the Workington averages because the other 5 have ridden better throughout the season that's how it works and has done in speedway for a very long time.He was  brilliant in both meetings yesterday and beat Tigers heat leaders with ease,some of the Tigers "star men" need to take a good look at themselves when it comes to commitment unlike Mason who gave it everything.Workington is a real Team effort throughout the season when 1 rider is having a poor day someone steps up.Hope the can finish with Trophies because they have had a very turbulent season and deserve something.

Not forgetting Bach and jensen have had spells at reserve,and very nearly klindt at one stage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Good report in the "news and star" until the last sentence knocks the gloss off it .

For us outside the area would you care to say what the last sentence was please?

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Mason is at reserve because the management at Workington went for a well balanced team where almost all of the top 6 could better one another at some point in the season and I'd say it has proved dividends for them.  Who ever was riding at no 6 did their job unlike so many other teams who went top heavy and ended up with reserves that were regularly beaten at home. Well done on putting together a TEAM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

For us outside the area would you care to say what the last sentence was please?

Wells gated but Klindt and Proctor had the second and third places they needed, and they rode every inch of the track to hold on to them for an incredible three points which kept hopes of a dream treble alive in what could be the club’s final and best ever season.

enjoy it while its here . + the new . stadium is not built yet ! its the council . it . will take 2 years to build it at the pace they do things, you dont just add water and up it pops .we need to find that bit of land a.s.a.p. .

we all know where the land is , it just needs approving by our great leaders ! ! ! 

I was wondering what's happened to Totally Honest John........only to see headline re Thj and Vetlanda...so guess he's in Abbaland..???

Just needing an update re Comets fixtures/averages etc as per Thj style.

3 hours ago, jenga said:

good to beat those  mammy bags of the championship .

just wonder how many of the 2018  team will be offered a place back in 2019 for Glasgow . any vids anybody . oh , forgot . you dont do defeats do ya . lol

There is always one who has to spoil a good thread!

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jenga said:

good to beat those  mammy bags of the championship .

just wonder how many of the 2018  team will be offered a place back in 2019 for Glasgow . any vids anybody . oh , forgot . you dont do defeats do ya . lol

Think most if not all have been gracious in defeat as well as victory, then comes along Jenga with the IQ of a laboratory rat  to spout his usual p*sh which in turn will descend the thread into carnage.

I was being unkind to the laboratory rat btw comparing it to Jenga it probably in all likelihood has a higher IQ. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Welcome back at Peterborough anytime as far as I am concerned.

I sincerely hope there a Peterborough then so he can go there but I've a funny feeling Poole may just beat everyone else too him.

All joking aside, I sincerely hope The Panthers are back at the tapes next season.