British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

41 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

There is always one who has to spoil a good thread!

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think most if not all have been gracious in defeat as well as victory, then comes along Jenga with the IQ of a laboratory rat  to spout his usual p*sh which in turn will descend the thread into carnage.

I was being unkind to the laboratory rat btw comparing it to Jenga it probably in all likelihood has a higher IQ. 

sorry people . i did not mean to spoil a good thread . i was not thinking ! i will delete my posts . 

thanks for the high I.Q.of a  rat ing . 

offending post deleted . moving on .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, David1970 said:

Harris was a joke has been all season only started racing when Craig Cook came on board, big name big let down... 

That's part of the problem - he still sees himself as a big name. With all due respect there comes a time when you have to accept that your time as an International class rider comes to an end and accept it gracefully. Would Bomber have been in the GB team for the match if it had been anywhere else other than Glasgow? I seriously doubt it (mind you same could be said about Cookie bearing in mind Roscoe's apparent treatment of the guy).
It will be interesting to see if we go to one big league how many of the older guys like Nicholls, Kennett, King and Harris find they are  No2 s (no jokes please!!).
It's going to be interesting watching how teams are built next year and what averages they'll be given to play with. (If it's 15hts make it 45 please)

Edited by cinderfella

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris is comfortable earning an nice living out of the sport.

He's been more than comfortable at our expense this year and now represents good value to his 2019 Championship employer.

6 hours ago, singy13 said:

I was wondering what's happened to Totally Honest John........only to see headline re Thj and Vetlanda...so guess he's in Abbaland..???

Just needing an update re Comets fixtures/averages etc as per Thj style.

Haha

No a had the day off after that epic contest yesterday. Back in the office tomorrow and much prefer posting from my lap top rather than the phone, mainly because I am short of lamp oil and to vain to wear glasses so struggle to see this laal screen. However fixture wise Lakeside in the Shield Friday at Rye Lakeside double header at DP on the Saturday with the Shield being the first one and the League match the second one. Then it's off to Scunny on Sunday for the first leg of the Cup. These meetings are confirmed. We need the other Semi between Boro and Lakeside sorted before we can put that one to bed. There was a great post put up about what Ty had to do to reach a 7 average and I will find that tomorrow and post on it again as it was spot on. None of the Cup Shield or Play Off matches contribute to a riders averages.

Regards

THJ

5 minutes ago, MD said:

He's been more than comfortable at our expense this year and now represents good value to his 2019 Championship employer.

No problem on my part for him to come back to Panthers , that's if they are running in 2019 but what about his supposed  main sponsor which was said to be one of the main reasons he went to Glasgow in the first place , will they not have something to say.

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Haha

No a had the day off after that epic contest yesterday. Back in the office tomorrow and much prefer posting from my lap top rather than the phone, mainly because I am short of lamp oil and to vain to wear glasses so struggle to see this laal screen. However fixture wise Lakeside in the Shield Friday at Rye Lakeside double header at DP on the Saturday with the Shield being the first one and the League match the second one. Then it's off to Scunny on Sunday for the first leg of the Cup. These meetings are confirmed. We need the other Semi between Boro and Lakeside sorted before we can put that one to bed. There was a great post put up about what Ty had to do to reach a 7 average and I will find that tomorrow and post on it again as it was spot on. None of the Cup Shield or Play Off matches contribute to a riders averages.

Regards

THJ

Ty and mason confirmed in Victorian  Aussie titles on 27th October just in case 

A bit off topic but....

Comets face Lakeside in a double header on Saturday and it still leaves two other finals they have to ride for. Whats the situation and the potential facility on offer to Workington, should time run out and they are unavailable, due to having to go home and try to qualify for another season back in British Speedway 2019. (Please don't say NL guest, as that will make an absolute mockery to British Speedway)...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

A bit off topic but....

Comets face Lakeside in a double header on Saturday and it still leaves two other finals they have to ride for. Whats the situation and the potential facility on offer to Workington, should time run out and they are unavailable, due to having to go home and try to qualify for another season back in British Speedway 2019. (Please don't say NL guest, as that will make an absolute mockery to British Speedway)...

They'll still be racing at Christmas. Comets' season didn't start till June, whereas Sheffield's finished in August. Is it a new policy to stagger the season so that more riders are available to fill guest bookings?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, magnus said:

A bit off topic but....

Considering the 2nd meeting in the double header is effectively a meaningless match as it is the normal league meeting surely it would make more sense to have Scunny as visitor for the KO Cup Final?
Then of course if the actual league match didn't go ahead Worky would undoubtedly face sanctions for not finishing their matches in a competition in which they reached the final without having to have completed all their league matches.
Only in British speedway lol 

16 minutes ago, magnus said:

A bit off topic but....

I think (but maybe wrong) as it's part of a national championship guest riders are allowed, but as its comets who may need guest, I would expect someone in charge at the bspa will see it different :)

3 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

They'll still be racing at Christmas. Comets' season didn't start till June, whereas Sheffield's finished in August. Is it a new policy to stagger the season so that more riders are available to fill guest bookings?

Is that not to give all the overseas riders who under performed a chance to make some more money to buy their tickets home?

1 minute ago, Neila said:

I think (but maybe wrong) as it's part of a national championship guest riders are allowed, but as its comets who may need guest, I would expect someone in charge at the bspa will see it different :)

Now here's one for you to ponder over - Any team that reached the play-off couldn't use a guest from another team that reached the play-off. Glasgow are now out so do Glasgow rider become eligible to take guest bookings again?

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Is that not to give all the overseas riders who under performed a chance to make some more money to buy their tickets home?

Yes, but the trouble is they'll probably earn enough to buy tickets to come back next March!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4thbender said:

Yes, but the trouble is they'll probably earn enough to buy tickets to come back next March!

It's some of the British riders I'm more worried about coming back to Glasgow next year.

• Haha 1