British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

with regards cami brow , his go @ the starting marshalls was pure class . but it should have been left in the circus ring . cant see him being @ Glasgow next year .. unless HE pays to do the job .thats how i see it . 

As one of Glasgow's main sponsors through his Plumbing Merchants anything is possible. But if he does return I can't see Glasgow being flushed with success and and hope will go straight down the pan.

Honestly 

Cami Brown can you hear me "Your boys took one hell of a beating" Nicola Sturgeon, Alex Salmond are you listening "your boys took one hell of a beating" Manse. Sharpenrake, Cinderfella, Cami Brown, Cami Brown, "Can you hear me", Robert Nagy, Shane Parker, James Grieves, are you listening "Your boys, your boys, Oh Your Boys took one hell of a beating" Jim McMillan Jimmy Beaton Charlie Monk, Tommy Miller, Shane Parker, Dorothy58, Tapeworm, OMG are you listening Oh!!! Donald Dewar, Trent Leverington, David Nagel, Paulco, Cami Brown Roary The Tiger"Roary OMG" Kenny Dagleish, Jock Stein, Bobby Murdock, Roy Aitken, Jinky Jimmy Johnstone, Your boys got one hell of a beating, one hell of a beating. Can you hear me Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, Mary Queen of Scots, William the Lion, Bonnie Prince Charlie, Robert Burns, Can you hear me your boys took one hell of a beating.

Regards
THJ

Oh and just for context and those not around in 1981 see below and thanks to Bjørge Lillelien

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Cami Brown can you hear me "Your boys took one hell of a beating" Nicola Sturgeon, Alex Salmond are you listening "your boys took one hell of a beating" Manse. Sharpenrake, Cinderfalla, Cami Brown, Cami Brown, "Can you hear me", Robert Nagy, Shane Parker, James Grieves, are you listening "Your boys, your boys, Oh Your Boys took one hell of a beating" Jim McMillan Jimmy Beaton Charlie Monk, Tommy Miller, Shane Parker, Dorothy58, Tapeworm, OMG are you listening Oh!!! Donald Dewar, Trent Leverington, David Nagel, Paulco, Cami Brown Roary The Tiger"Roary OMG" Kenny Dagleish, Jock Stein, Bobby Murdock, Roy Aitken, Jinky Jimmy Johnstone, Your boys got one hell of a beating, one hell of a beating. Can you hear me Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, Mary Queen of Scots, William the Lion, Bonnie Price Charlie, Robert Burns, Can you hear me your boys took one hell of a beating.

Regards
THJ

Oh and just for context and those not around in 1981 see below and thanks to Bjørge Lillelien

How dare you!!!!!   - mentioning Cami brown in the same post as all those Tigers' greats

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Regarding the comets fixture pile up, how about this, comets were the 1st to qualify for the shield then had to wait to see who it is against, the comets were the 1st to qualify for the KO cup and had to wait to see who we were against, and finally the comets are the 1st to qualify for the playoffs and we are still waiting to see who we ride against,                Who are in the wrong now :)

ps what happens if the weekend of the 27 + 28th and the following few days are wet ??

• Like 4

that should stop a few moaners from other teams . 

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

Regarding the comets fixture pile up, how about this, comets were the 1st to qualify for the shield then had to wait to see who it is against, the comets were the 1st to qualify for the KO cup and had to wait to see who we were against, and finally the comets are the 1st to qualify for the playoffs and we are still waiting to see who we ride against,                Who are in the wrong now :)

PS what happens if the weekend of the 27 + 28th and the following few days are wet ??

Double Double header, or a Double Double Double header, or how about a Speedway-athon, Bring your sleeping-bag and we will start at 8 in the morning and just keep going until it finishes even if that's 8 the following morning. Yeah!!!!

Regards
THJ

dont mind a few tents n bags scattered around the stadium . will feel like home .!

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

As one of Glasgow's main sponsors through his Plumbing Merchants anything is possible. But if he does return I can't see Glasgow being flushed with success and and hope will go straight down the pan.

Are you forgetting that's pretty much the same way that Stewart Dickson ended up in charge? His business was a strong backer of the Tigers, he then joined as promoter and in turn ended up team manager! 

A fan/sponsor with no experience as a team manager - seemed to work ok for Stewart but a lot of people have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about the same thing happening with Cami. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Are you forgetting that's pretty much the same way that Stewart Dickson ended up in charge? His business was a strong backer of the Tigers, he then joined as promoter and in turn ended up team manager! 

A fan/sponsor with no experience as a team manager - seemed to work ok for Stewart but a lot of people have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about the same thing happening with Cami. 

Not quite true as Stewart and Alan Dick bought the Tigers from Brian Sands in 2001

1 hour ago, Neila said:

ps what happens if the weekend of the 27 + 28th and the following few days are wet ??

:approve: So Workington have got all their fixtures in for the Finals , someone will still shout it's our fault :lol: , 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Glasgow made some serious errors this year but appointing him as manager has to be the biggest mistake in the history of the club.

Beginning to think your first name is Stewart. Would like to see the list off serious errors 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

There is no way I'll defend Bumber but was the main reason for Rye's closure not the enforced change of race night which really affected the crowds numbers coming through the gates?

Your right the race nights were a disaster for Rye House but the atmosphere was not the same right from the start this year and its wasnt just Harris not putting in a fair shift.

11 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Beginning to think your first name is Stewart. Would like to see the list off serious errors 

Here you are :D commiserations for Sunday :drink::)