British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

14 hours ago, magnus said:

A bit off topic but....

Comets face Lakeside in a double header on Saturday and it still leaves two other finals they have to ride for. Whats the situation and the potential facility on offer to Workington, should time run out and they are unavailable, due to having to go home and try to qualify for another season back in British Speedway 2019. (Please don't say NL guest, as that will make an absolute mockery to British Speedway)...

The season officially end and the end of October so why would they go home before then.If the fixture are not completed by the they should be scrapped for this season.There is probably a week to spare before the Aussies go surely.Its just a shambles .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Are you forgetting that's pretty much the same way that Stewart Dickson ended up in charge? His business was a strong backer of the Tigers, he then joined as promoter and in turn ended up team manager! 

A fan/sponsor with no experience as a team manager - seemed to work ok for Stewart but a lot of people have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about the same thing happening with Cami. 

I was never particularly a fan of Stewart Dickson when he 'took' the job as I, like numerous others, thought the way Ian Steel was treated was abysmal.
But in fairness to Stewart he did learn from those with more experience around him not just about tactics and rules and regulations but also about getting the track right, the truth in that borne out by the fact he has helped so many other teams this year.

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The season officially end and the end of October so why would they go home before then.If the fixture are not completed by the they should be scrapped for this season.There is probably a week to spare before the Aussies go surely.Its just a shambles .

Honestly

I haven't got a clue why but for what ever reason the Aussie championships have been brought forward a full month, someone may be able to enlighten us as to why this has happened this year but it hasn't done Worky any favours at all

Regards
THJ

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There should be a mandate for all clubs to finish there league season by the end of august leaving all of September  for play offs and any cup action when normally you would expect the weather to be a little more helpful and October should only be used as an emergency fall back period it makes sense to try and draw fans in with prospects of warmer weather and daylight travelling. Yes you are correct it is a shambles but when have the BSPA done anything to improve the sport regarding fixtures which after accepting they then want to get them cancelled because it suits there individual needs as opposed to doing what is right and proper thing to do

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Here you are :D commiserations for Sunday :drink::)

Congratulations . Hopefully you have some shale when we  come down next year

• Like 1

Just now, MANSE said:

Bring some with you as it was knee deep up there, you must have plenty to spare

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

There should be a mandate for all clubs to finish there league season by the end of august leaving all of September  for play offs and any cup action when normally you would expect the weather to be a little more helpful and October should only be used as an emergency fall back period it makes sense to try and draw fans in with prospects of warmer weather and daylight travelling. Yes you are correct it is a shambles but when have the BSPA done anything to improve the sport regarding fixtures which after accepting they then want to get them cancelled because it suits their individual needs as opposed to doing what is right and proper thing to do

You're going to get wrong making sensible statements like that..... Honestly

Regards
THJ

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Bring some with you as it was knee deep up there, you must have plenty to spare

Regards
THJ

Should you not have said ankle deep,thought you raced  speedway on shale not concrete 

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

More a happy clapper than a manager

Just failed to defend  13 points lost by 14.Your manager couldn't defend 28 points lost by 32 also your no 1 scored 7 for you and scored 13 for us I think that tells us must prefer riding for MR BROWN

Edited by MANSE

50 minutes ago, MANSE said:

we had some new shale put down a few weeks back and it wasnt stolen, how about that  ?

thank to every workington fan who filled their pockets (joking) seriously tho . lol . its on the worky facebook and its not fake shale .

if any more is put down , it will be knee deep .

dear me , almost forgot to thank Glasgow for our k10 rider  . thanks again to the management of Glasgow . truly , madly and deep in love with magic, mercury , mason campton . (in a nice way ) of course .

Edited by jenga
tech allows me to do it .
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I haven't got a clue why but for what ever reason the Aussie championships have been brought forward a full month, someone may be able to enlighten us as to why this has happened this year but it hasn't done Worky any favours at all

Regards
THJ

Maybe the Aussies are learning from the Poles and telling their riders what to do and where their priorities should lie. Maybe time we learned to do the same?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Should you not have said ankle deep,thought you raced  speedway on shale not concrete 

Never let a good bit of exaggeration go to waste, but go on I will give you that one ankle deep, and Worky is set on a clay sub base and what spoiled the home meeting for me was all the riders wanted the dirt line where the shale was and it was only Rasser Ty and Mason who were prepared to get into the shale for a bit drive, the third and fourth bends were working well but they needed to be brave to do it, hence Rasser trying the "Wall of Death" routine up a bouncy castle, just didn't work when he run out of room, but I think there were less falls in the Worky meeting than the Glasgow one, Stand to be corrected on that one too

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Just failed to defend  13 points lost by 14.Your manager couldn't defend 28 points lost by 32 also your no 1 scored 7 for you and scored 13 for us I think that tells us must prefer riding for MR BROWN

That will be Ricky and Jordan on the shopping list for next year then

27 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Maybe the Aussies are learning from the Poles and telling their riders what to do and where their priorities should lie. Maybe time we learned to do the same?

Cant disagree and with Brexit its only gonna get worse not better, maybe time to "honestly" promote and invest in local talent and British riders and Worky have definitely done their part on that score

Regards
THJ

17 hours ago, magnus said:

A bit off topic but....

Comets face Lakeside in a double header on Saturday and it still leaves two other finals they have to ride for. Whats the situation and the potential facility on offer to Workington, should time run out and they are unavailable, due to having to go home and try to qualify for another season back in British Speedway 2019. (Please don't say NL guest, as that will make an absolute mockery to British Speedway)...

Depends what the rules say!

We tried to sack a rider & we were not re-declaring but giving opportunities to other riders...........Nothing in the rules but the SCB blocked it.

M Riss decides he has had enough not scoring enough points & citing previous injury to go home...........Nothing in the rules but 2 teams granted facilities.

Season ends end of October & Aussie Titles brought forward more than 2 months from normal January meetings. 2 riders want to return home for a chance of a top 3 position to gain visa's for 2019 even though there are 4 Titles to enter...........Nothing in the rules so will probably be granted a facility.

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Depends what the rules say!

We tried to sack a rider & we were not re-declaring but giving opportunities to other riders...........Nothing in the rules but the SCB blocked it.

M Riss decides he has had enough not scoring enough points & citing previous injury to go home...........Nothing in the rules but 2 teams granted facilities.

Season ends end of October & Aussie Titles brought forward more than 2 months from normal January meetings. 2 riders want to return home for a chance of a top 3 position to gain visa's for 2019 even though there are 4 Titles to enter...........Nothing in the rules so will probably be granted a facility.

The Aussie championships aren't until the beginning of January but the Victoria State Championship (Proctor) is on the 27th of this month. Top 4 in either qualifies for a visa. Can't find a date for NSW (Campton).

Sacking a rider is changing the team and so not allowed after the cutoff date. A rider withholding his services is covered by the guest rules, as is a rider returning home to ride if their FMN has an agreement with the BSPA, which I would assume MA has.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

There should be a mandate for all clubs to finish there league season by the end of august leaving all of September  for play offs and any cup action when normally you would expect the weather to be a little more helpful and October should only be used as an emergency fall back period it makes sense to try and draw fans in with prospects of warmer weather and daylight travelling. Yes you are correct it is a shambles but when have the BSPA done anything to improve the sport regarding fixtures which after accepting they then want to get them cancelled because it suits there individual needs as opposed to doing what is right and proper thing to do

So is there a valid argument that the teams must finished their regular league campaign before the teams for the play-off are decided so it's a level playing field? In which case we should go back to just a regular season and then if wanted another wee money making Mickie Mouse competition for the teams with guests?  If we go to one league there probably wouldn't be time for a play-off based title decider anyway.

Just out of interest were the winners of the CL play-offs not meant to race against the bottom PL team for the right to race in the PL next season? My old memories keeps trying to tell me I read that somewhere pre-season along with all the stuff about Glasgow being unbeatable. ;)