British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

There should be a mandate for all clubs to finish there league season by the end of august leaving all of September  for play offs and any cup action when normally you would expect the weather to be a little more helpful and October should only be used as an emergency fall back period it makes sense to try and draw fans in with prospects of warmer weather and daylight travelling. Yes you are correct it is a shambles but when have the BSPA done anything to improve the sport regarding fixtures which after accepting they then want to get them cancelled because it suits there individual needs as opposed to doing what is right and proper thing to do

Total self interest  rules in BSPA,things will never change( except the rules as they go alone).

Re season ending dates, lets remember we had more rain-off at the beginning of this season than ever before so we were always going to be playing catch up.
Just one other point, and this is as a speedway fan not a Scot, how many teams postponed fixtures because dates clashed with the World Cup or other football matches and thus wasted good, available dates?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Re season ending dates, lets remember we had more rain-off at the beginning of this season than ever before so we were always going to be playing catch up.
Just one other point, and this is as a speedway fan not a Scot, how many teams postponed fixtures because dates clashed with the World Cup or other football matches and thus wasted good, available dates?

Most clubs have have an alternative night for rain Off's that they can use a number of times during the season,therefore the should be forced to re arrange a rain off within a certain timescale (2 weeks) or concede the tie.At this stage of the season there should only be the Play offs to complete ,not all 3 competitions.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Most clubs have have an alternative night for rain Off's that they can use a number of times during the season,therefore the should be forced to re arrange a rain off within a certain timescale (2 weeks) or concede the tie.At this stage of the season there should only be the Play offs to complete ,not all 3 competitions.

Quite agree when you consider the Shield started the season and then the KO Cup started in April/May. As been said elsewhere you really have to examine thing when you can get one team completed all it's competitive fixture in August and now others are going to be struggling, through no fault of their own, to complete theirs.

As regards alternative race nights we have to consider that the BSPA changed the goal posts mid season and stopped some teams racing on alternative days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MANSE said:

Just failed to defend  13 points lost by 14.Your manager couldn't defend 28 points lost by 32 also your no 1 scored 7 for you and scored 13 for us I think that tells us must prefer riding for MR BROWN

Maybe if had given him ht 15 at Glasgow we might have one the playoff 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MANSE said:

Just failed to defend  13 points lost by 14.Your manager couldn't defend 28 points lost by 32 also your no 1 scored 7 for you and scored 13 for us I think that tells us must prefer riding for MR BROWN

Our riders couldn’t defend a 28 point lead our manger doesn’t ride the bike neither does yours. 

Just means he learnt from his previous visit nothing to do with who’s in charge, he might of had a few more in the first leg if MR BROWN choose him in heat 15 and you wouldn’t be out of the competition. Oh well

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Our riders couldn’t defend a 28 point lead our manger doesn’t ride the bike neither does yours. 

Just means he learnt from his previous visit nothing to do with who’s in charge, he might of had a few more in the first leg if MR BROWN choose him in heat 15 and you wouldn’t be out of the competition. Oh well

Choosing him in heat 15 still wouldn't guarantee we would still have been in the competition does it Blobby, unless you have been out drinking wine with those gypsy's again and they told you this as they seen it in there crystal ball. 

13 hours ago, singy13 said:

One league is certainly gonna see off many veterans.

Must be an awful decision to make having enjoyed the thrills of such a dangerous sport........could always get a job with Deliveroo though - express service guaranteed.

The only way Harris will pack it in is if Promoters refuse his pay demands.

ps

I don't know what he gets paid, but I'm certain it is too much for the crowd levels he attracts nowadays. His effort at Workington on Sun was poor,but I'm sure he will blame his Machinary or set up.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The only way Harris will pack it in is if Promoters refuse his pay demands.

ps

I don't know what he gets paid, but I'm certain it is too much for the crowd levels he attracts nowadays. His effort at Workington on Sun was poor,but I'm sure he will blame his Machinary or set up.:rolleyes:

don't worry now you have challenged the delicate flower he will have a list of excuses as long as the straights at Berwick,

If you think he is "passed" it (no crime as all riders do eventually, except Hancock)  Glasgow fans just remember him hunting down and overtaking Jason Doyle in heat 15 to win the play off match, the man still clearly has it, well for some clubs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Choosing him in heat 15 still wouldn't guarantee we would still have been in the competition does it Blobby, unless you have been out drinking wine with those gypsy's again and they told you this as they seen it in there crystal ball. 

Correct but a far better chance of getting more points in that race.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Correct but a far better chance of getting more points in that race.

Harris was far more impressive in their first 3 rides [even when cut out came out on the last bend he was well clear ] in heat 13 Wells made the gate but was so slow Proctor done a brilliant piece off team riding with a opponent to stop Harris getting by. In my case I would have picked Harris my choice but we will never know

20 hours ago, MANSE said:

Congratulations . Hopefully you have some shale when we  come down next year

If not you can always spare some of that ploughed field you had up yours Sunday B)

• Like 1

So our season ends at the semi final stage again,  I always say it’s better to involved in them rather than finishes 5th or 6th.

great effort down at Workington on Sunday night when you consider how well they have been riding at home recently, 

Looks like a Workington v Lakeside final to me, with a very well ballenced side against a fairly top heavy team with 3 big hitters in Lawson, Morris and Ellis.

Most will point to Cook missing though Wells was very good in both meetings, where as I believe Stewart scored more than what Greaves would have over the two meetings so it may have balanced itself out.

Roll on 2019, I believe this could be a difficult winter for clubs so let’s see what the next few weeks bring and also what league we will see the Tigers in when the tapes go up in Spring.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

If not you can always spare some of that ploughed field you had up yours Sunday B)

:party:

• Haha 1