British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

2 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Sincere commiserations to Glasgow - that could have gone either way until the last bend of the last of the 30 races.

It should have been the final.

That would have been some final

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Whoops, back to the drawing board once again.

Losing to a decent Workington side in the play offs ( remember them ) is no disgrace . Your lot couldnt even defend a 29 point lead there . 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Losing to a decent Workington side in the play offs ( remember them ) is no disgrace . Your lot couldnt even defend a 29 point lead there . 

We couldn’t correct, beaten fair and square. Still walked away with a trophy. 

Anyway congratulations to the comets go win the lot now Laura and co deserve it.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 4

Fitting that Ty got the point in Heat 15 to clinch it after sacrificing 2 points himself when trying to protect young Kyle in Heat 7.

That is the sort of teamwork that has got us to the incredible position we now find ourselves in.

I hope Rasser is ok (rider of the year for me), that looked a nasty one - I don't think I have ever seen anybody try to take our bends3/4 as fast:shock:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stoneylegend said:

Take it no news  yet on Rassers condition it was a nasty one at high speed:blink:

Was in the bar after meeting... seems to be ok just very bruised and painful ribs, wrist etc... hopefully be ok for next week :t:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stoneylegend said:

Take it no news  yet on Rassers condition it was a nasty one at high speed:blink:

He was in the bar after the meeting, sore but expects to be fit for the next meeting 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Well done Workington , always painful to come up just short , but it's all there for the Comets now - good luck to them 

Thank you...met your better half tonight..lovely lady. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Midget said:

He was in the bar after the meeting, sore but expects to be fit for the next meeting 

that's even better news than making the league final

• Like 2

Wow what a day for the Workington Comets. Which I am sure will be the most successful season in the Comets history. Congratulations to Laura and Co for what has been a fantastic season of speedway. Looking back to early season fixture issues etc :blink: you have persevered and battled on against all odds and gained the success you deserve, at the same time as proving to the powers of speedway, that with the team you guys have put together Workington are 'The team' of 2018. 

Lets hope there will be a 2019 season for the Comets. Even if the dizzy heights of this season be difficult to match....

Congratulations to the best team of 2018.....

• Like 6

tonights meeting was one heck of a speedway fest . good crowd , plenty of action and the odd bit of  controversy  thrown in . Glasgow fans made up the numbers well ,as did other travelling fans . we appreciated you company. the meeting had everything you could ask for at a speedway meeting. fans on bends 1 and 2 were very loud and animated showing their enjoyment in the results of all heats . mason was really on the button and has been all season . the rest have all had great meetings and as a team , won and lost as one . no superstars in this lot , just guys trying their beast  .workington fans/supporters love you all . watching every one of them produce good rides all season and to see young kyle progress as the season went on is something that a lot off fans will never forget . nicolai , rasmus , ty , kyle , mason , rene and one of the best products to come out of Cumbria, dan bewley . iwe thank you all for a good season watching you and lets see if we can round if off with some silver polishing . well done the adopted marras . 

woops almost forgot the management team and the track staff who make it all possible . we thank you all .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 6

Really disappointing to see the Glasgow manager (???) saying refereeing decisions cost them tonight. He doesn't think putting Harris out in ht15 when he didn't deserve to be there (and not for the first time this season) cost us?
Truth is we didn't lose by a single point - Worky were the team that lost that point when Bach retired in the rerun of ht 1 so it should have been a 2 point defeat.
Congratulations to the Comets and best wishes for your THREE Finals. I know there are stories going round there are doubts over you coming to the tapes next season so I hope the town and surrounding areas come out and give Laura and her team the support deserved.

Edited by cinderfella
correction.
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Argos said:

Hoggy must be the best Centre Green Announcer in British Speedway  

He was brave telling the Referee to put her knitting down!

4 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

You should have introduced yourself, I really hope you guys win them all, I get really annoyed with all the money bags and flash the cash comments from some fans , hence my rant a few weeks back, we have been rock bottom many a time , wondering if we would run the next year and you are unfortunately in that position now. I hope something can be done to save your team, enjoy your three finals

I think the thing to remember there is there isn't a single fan from any other club who wouldn't want that sort of financial backing.

Many congratulations to the Comets :approve:

• Like 3