British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gazzac

Mildenhall vs Eastbourne KO Cup Final

As an Eagles supporter, have to say Mildy had loads of bad luck.

A couple of Eagles were out of sorts, but Spiller & Brooks were really impressive. 

If we get thru to the playoff final, Mildy might not be quite so unlucky...

Charlie Brooks gated, navigated bend 4 safely...my word, this young man has made huge progress since April.

Mildenhall didn't have the rub of the green (nor did Eastbourne in 1st leg) but you sense some in the Fen Tigers camp believe the triumphalist hype that has oozed from the Fens in the last few months. 

When the Fat Lady sang, Mildy came up short.

Of course, the Play Offs is another matter altogether – the Eagles have yet to qualify.

In the end with bad luck and some poor riding Mildenhall become almost a one man team, but congratulations on Easties win, if you think about it we were second best over the first 10 heats, but in control over the last 20 . Have to say  Wood and Brennen did what they've been doing all season at Arlington, but praise goes to Ethan Spiller and especially Charlie Brooks who has been said gated well and was nowhere near the air fence on bend 4, was my man of the match really.

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

In the end with bad luck and some poor riding Mildenhall become almost a one man team, but congratulations on Easties win, if you think about it we were second best over the first 10 heats, but in control over the last 20 . Have to say  Wood and Brennen did what they've been doing all season at Arlington, but praise goes to Ethan Spiller and especially Charlie Brooks who has been said gated well and was nowhere near the air fence on bend 4, was my man of the match really.

And, I should have added to my post last night about Charlie Brooks: he comes from the back.

Think that as long as Eastbourne make the playoff final it will be a guest rather than RR for Danny Ayres for Mildenhall. 

Always dangerous going with RR in my opinion in such an important meeting. 

Hopefully the other guys recover to compete effectively. 

I think you missed the nl rules superblue, they can only use rr but now if Jenkins is out I suspect they will use rr Ayres ruddick for Jenkins which makes them even weaker to be honest 

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

I wish they'd keep the rules the same for all the leagues. My bad! 

Also the IRR doesn't apply in the NL. It wouldn't have helped Mildenhall in this instance as Jenkins was only 5th in the averages but if it had been one of the higher placed riders it could have. No one likes to see riders injured during a meeting but this is a good rule when applied correctly, so why not apply in the NL.

• Like 1