British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gazzac

Mildenhall vs Eastbourne KO Cup Final

Can the Eagles raise their game as they usually seem to do in the KO Cup?

Need to keep the away leg within 10 points really to have any chance of retaining it rather than our usual big loss at Mildenhall!

I think 14 to 16 loss will make for a thrilling heat 15 on Saturday but I fear they will do well to hold the Fen Tigers to 20 tonight.

Perfectly balanced, enjoyed the racing, the track was good, mildy really had eastie by the gooleys but never pushed on. Dunno if wood had a bike issue not to be in ht15.

mildy def favs but at half way it looked  a rout, eastie battled well

14 can be pulled back by Eastbourne I reckon after about heat 9 they will be up. Will need a strong start though and heat 2 will be crucial. 

Hopefully Powell won't have any after affects from his crash yesterday as you say the reserves need to be  banging in the point's,  in order to get the deficit back to give the heat leaders a chance at the back end of the meeting. 

Edited by gazzac

Going to be very close. We only beat Mildy by 11 points in the N.Trophy. 

The Eagles are well in this tie. Fought back brilliantly and have possibly swung the momentum of the tie their way. I think last night showed Ayres is a big loss for the Fen Tigers despite the obvious quality running through the side. Exciting meeting last night with many fine races. The double swoop from Ryan Kingsley in heat 7 I believe was superb. Kemp and Bailey also pulling off superb manoeuvres. Was surprised Sam Bebee wasn't brought into heat 14, was gating fairly well and I'd of fancied him to beat Spiller and Brooks if he gated. Marson struggled after heat 2 and couldn't ride the outside line which was needed to pass. A word for Eastbourne, Wood was impressive, not sure why he didn't do heat 15? Brennan looked fast when leading and no one was catching him. He has improved a hell of a lot this year and I think he has a very bright future ahead of him. The fitness of Charley Powell could be a big decider in where the trophy ends up. Was a particularly nasty fall and I'm sure he's feeling very sore today. I think Mildenhall will just shade it tonight and win the trophy but I certainly wouldn't rule Eastbourne out. Sure to be a night full of drama at Arlington.

If there is a dought with Powell, need to have a number 8 named tonight I would think just in case.

13 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Number 8 wouldn’t do anything anyway as can only take rr rides 

Hope he's fit then!

Congratulations Eastbourne . stepped up a gear when they needed to

Had faith that Eastie would win but a bit deflated in the way it panned out. Bailey was disappointing considering he has had plenty of laps here. Marsden rode better than his points tally suggests.

i know you can only beat what's in front of you but this victory feels a bit hollow in the end.

I agree. It's a shame two full teams couldn't have battled it out. It was a non event in the end, as Mildenhall ran out of riders.

Hollow win in a way coz poor jenkins injury was caused by baseby locking up , once a side is rr its v tricky to cover.

Bebees fall was grip related too,bailey had a stinker .

kemp looked unbeatable but got undone by a briiliant first lap by wood in 13 and fenced it.

For eagles powell is nowhere remotely fit, brooks was great, baseby had a poor match but the 2 big guns were v gd

Tough if mildy end up with only the nt after being so dominant but they dish the trophys out in october not july