British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

Sadly the weather could mean this meeting is postponed. The start time has been moved to 5pm in the hope that the weather improves during the day. 

Good luck to both teams with a safe, exciting meeting. 

Looking at the Radar via the met office that area is getting some pretty heavy rain right now, but whilst the weather front keeps going North West there is a chance they might only catch the edge of it, if it starts moving more Eastwards then no chance will the track be recoverable, It will be too flooded and what with the river being close by I would guess the water table is not on that locations side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marko said:

Looking at the Radar via the met office that area is getting some pretty heavy rain right now, but whilst the weather front keeps going North West there is a chance they might only catch the edge of it, if it starts moving more Eastwards then no chance will the track be recoverable, It will be too flooded and what with the river being close by I would guess the water table is not on that locations side.

What we need is weather reports now, is their anyone near to the track that can give us an update.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What we need is weather reports now, is their anyone near to the track that can give us an update.

I know exactly what you mean having been in the same situation myself i live 10 miles away from track and the rain stopped here about  11am  - has been a lot of rain before that but I notice the meeting is still on so here's hoping (sorry can't be anymore helpful at present)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Agreed. I need to make a decision soon 

rain just started again (not much help I know)

• Thanks 1

club website has just posted an update insisting the meeting is on. Massive optimism or pure desperation?

11 minutes ago, Bryce said:

club website has just posted an update insisting the meeting is on. Massive optimism or pure desperation?

have to say rain stopped and getting brighter here now 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, startline sid said:

have to say rain stopped and getting brighter here now 

Thank you very much for your updates.  We are intending to go.  Going to leave around half two so hopefully see you there.  Keep on updating

On twitter it says the track is fine but I bet if this was supposed to be at 2pm It would be off, lets hope they can make it "raceable" by 5pm

Too far for me to risk going but hope it’s on and it’s a good meeting with no injuries. Fingers crossed we can make that final.

Just one little bit of weather to get through and they are in the clear, fingers crossed.