British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

Just spent 2 hrs and done 12 quid in petrol going to Rye after checking it was still on before i went,,There were others pulling in to the car park at the time i was there,,all an noyed with the promotion for not calling it off earlier ,,This would not of happened under Len Silvers tenure ,,,,Speedway promoters have no consideration these days for the fans is it any wonder Speedway is dying on its ar----e

To be fair Waco, it was called around three hours before start time, I don't know what more could have been done, it was only that last bit of heavy rain that killed it, had it gone say 30 miles East of the track, they probably would have got away with it, end of the day though, these meetings have got to be raced and we have two weekends left now, one more wet weekend and these are not going to get done.

• Like 2

How do you make that 3 hours Marko ,,it was still on when i left home a 2-25pm and it had virtually stopped raining by the time i arrived at the track,,many others there i talked to some saying they will not be coming again.....

8 minutes ago, waco said:

How do you make that 3 hours Marko ,,it was still on when i left home a 2-25pm and it had virtually stopped raining by the time i arrived at the track,,many others there i talked to some saying they will not be coming again.....

I knew it was off at 14.17. I just checked the time on my text messages.

I do not get text messages or use twitter,, i checked on the site.. There must be many coming from further away than me that have been cought out  ..Fine for those that  had not left home before the  announcement.of course....

Edited by waco

Looks like Lakeside posted on their Twitter page just after 2pm that this meeting was off, that is of no conciliation to those who went thinking it was still on. One day speedway will learn that running play off, KOC, high profile meetings in the middle of October leaves you open to the weather, sadly that day wont be today.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, waco said:

It was called off at 2.15pm, so before you set off.

• Like 1

With all due respect Waco, if you were coming from anywhere in Essex or even North Kent, it doesn't take two and a half hours to get to Rye House, I am Chelmsford and I wasn't going to leave until 15:45 at the earliest had it still been on, and I would still be there some 30 mins before the start.

16 minutes ago, waco said:

I do not get text messages or use twitter,, i checked on the site.. There must be many coming from further away than me that have been cought out  ..Fine for those that  had not left home before the  announcement.of course....

I got as far as Brockley on the train, so like you, I'd left home as well. That's the gamble we take in dodgy weather.

30 minutes ago, screm said:

Looks like Lakeside posted on their Twitter page just after 2pm that this meeting was off, that is of no conciliation to those who went thinking it was still on. One day speedway will learn that running play off, KOC, high profile meetings in the middle of October leaves you open to the weather, sadly that day wont be today.  

Wettest month of 2017...August... Almost impossible to call what time of year is dry sadly.. Only real difference is takes longer to dry out at this time of year

The rain could have held off until 16.59 then a massive downpour and it would have been called off, would people still blame the promotion? With weather and forecasts looking like this if you take a gamble that’s down to you, that’s how i see it anyway.

44 minutes ago, waco said:

Maybe you should use twitter if you want the latest information Waco.

1 hour ago, screm said:

After two rain offs and two weeks to go I am surprised this isn’t planned some time this week as running it next Sunday wipes out yet another week.