British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

Might as well pass the second leg and call it after just one, its not the Hammers fault that Peterborough blew their home leg.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marko said:

Might as well pass the second leg and call it after just one, its not the Hammers fault that Peterborough blew their home leg.

That wouldn't benefit Lakeside. They would miss out on a Semi-Final crowd.

12 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a ridiculous rule, especially this time of the year where loads of riders have gone back home or are injured. 

Hopefully, the BSPA step in like they did for the Premiership Final.

It’s  not ridiculous at all ! Here we go again win at all costs :rolleyes: win on credit not because you can pull in every heat leader now available , hopefully the rules will be abided too. We are in 3 finals with 6 riders and one being young Kyle gaining his experience, unfortunate the situation Peterborough are in but it is what is 

I really hope the 'rules' are not being bent in this instance. There was some degree of justification when the Ellis scenarios became apparent in the Premiership play-off but there is absolutely none here. Panthers should be grateful that they are, effectively, facing Lakeside on a neutral track!

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

At this stage of the season every team should be expected to fulfil a fixture on any date offered

To be honest that’s probably what should happen with every fixture but the reality is very different I can assure you.

• Like 1

This fixture should have been rearranged for mid week to give the possibility of 2 weekends for the final to take place, now got to pray no rain forecast for last weekend in October

I've given up trying to arrange things around speedway fixtures. Dates never seem to be set in stone, so why should i put myself out.

33 minutes ago, Neila said:

This fixture should have been rearranged for mid week to give the possibility of 2 weekends for the final to take place, now got to pray no rain forecast for last weekend in October

It was running weekday matches that put Rye House out of business a few months ago....

Why would you want to do the same?

It needs to be a weekend match!:)

1 minute ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

It was running weekday matches that put Rye House out of business a few months ago....

Why would you want to do the same?

It needs to be a weekend match!:)

It's Oct 15 and the priority is to get it done asap. What's gone is unfortunately irrelevant at this time of year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crump99 said:

It's Oct 15 and the priority is to get it done asap. What's gone is unfortunately irrelevant at this time of year.

And lose 10k a match....not sure I would want to swallow that!!!!!

• Like 1

After last weekend's debacle when 9 out of 10 people would have said the meeting would not go ahead because of the weather I reckon  they will lose money whenever it's restaged

1 hour ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

And lose 10k a match....not sure I would want to swallow that!!!!!

Get involved in a sport that often couldn't organise a drinking competition in a brewery then I'm afraid that it comes with the territory.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Yes its true Rye House lost a load of money earlier in the season for league matches that did not matter, we have seen it year in, year out, empty stadiums for much of the season then all of sudden its play off time, ON A MONDAY! AND ON TV! and yet still they get big crowds, that tells you everything, if the meeting matters enough, then people will make every effort to go, for the other meetings, they will find every excuse not to.

So to cut that story short, if the meeting has enough on it, it doesn't matter what day you run it, people will find a way to get there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, marko said:

Yes its true Rye House lost a load of money earlier in the season for league matches that did not matter, we have seen it year in, year out, empty stadiums for much of the season then all of sudden its play off time, ON A MONDAY! AND ON TV! and yet still they get big crowds, that tells you everything, if the meeting matters enough, then people will make every effort to go, for the other meetings, they will find every excuse not to.

So to cut that story short, if the meeting has enough on it, it doesn't matter what day you run it, people will find a way to get there.

Too right. I was at Lynn last Wednesday and it was rammed, despite the TV coverage.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the restaging date and start time will be confirmed. Or shall i just keep every day free for the next two weeks.

• Like 2