British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

Looks like both promotions have gone for a nap,,never mind we will probably get a match confirmed a few hours before the event?...But of course Peterboroughs guests are the prime consideration before fixing the date,, guess they are working on it........

30 minutes ago, waco said:

Looks like both promotions have gone for a nap,,never mind we will probably get a match confirmed a few hours before the event?...But of course Peterboroughs guests are the prime consideration before fixing the date,, guess they are working on it........

I've got Eastbourne v Mildenhall on the 21st as well, so I'm not too bothered if I'm honest.

The 're staging won't be on Friday 19th as both Hammers and Workington say on their website their meeting will be at 8pm on 19th at Rye House - just hope someone tells Rye House to unlock the gates as on their website they are showing next speedway meeting there will be Sunday 21st !!

Panthers management have abandoned the club, might just as well concede,  50 years of watching Speedway have come to an  end

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Panthers management have abandoned the club, might just as well concede,  50 years of watching Speedway have come to an  end

It does have an air of, we’re going down, let’s take a few with us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marko said:

It does have an air of, we’re going down, let’s take a few with us.

To be fair you're half way there already, you don't even have your own track. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It’s been mentioned on another forum that there is a big grasstrack meeting on Sunday, maybe this is the reason why there is doubt about this fixture taking place?

4 minutes ago, marko said:

It’s been mentioned on another forum that there is a big grasstrack meeting on Sunday, maybe this is the reason why there is doubt about this fixture taking place?

Who knows, like i say, i have Eastbourne as a back up. I just can't believe a so called professional sport carries on like this, when fans are leaving in their droves.

It's the wimborne whoppa grass track meeting on sunday, which is probably the reason Eastbourne are starting at 19.30. This might have an impact on Peterborough finding suitable guests.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It's the wimborne whoppa grass track meeting on sunday, which is probably the reason Eastbourne are starting at 19.30. This might have an impact on Peterborough finding suitable guests.

A very sensible post, it would appear some people can't work that out for themselves ...

So the 2 Lakeside riders will race in a double-header at Workington on Saturday night, and at Rye House on Sunday evening, and in between will ride in the grasstrack meeting?