British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

2 minutes ago, marko said:

I am a Hammers fan (wasn't there tonight, no intention of going to Rye House) but first and foremost I am someone who likes to see things done by the book, this meeting should be restaged, if Lakeside are unable to do it and Peterborough don't wish to forfeit the tie having lost the first leg (and why should they) then the tie should be awarded to Peterborough, likewise it seems there is only one date left "Lakehouse" have to use for the final, so what would happen IF they were/had made the final and it was rained off?

The whole thing has just been a farce this season, only limited home meetings to stage, set race nights to avoid doubling issues and they still can't do it!

I sympathise but this match was due to be staged first on the 6th October and their doesn’t appear to have been any great urgency to stage it despite time rapidly running out, a point I raised on an earlier thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, waco said:

Tonight was another nail in the speedway coffin .not I might add down to the Lakeside promotion but a shambles of people in charge of Rye House stadiums total incompitents....Now will Lakeside still chance running here next season that is the big question..?. 

kent are already advertising saturday night meeting opener next season..would len run in opposition to lakeside?? there's not that many of us to go round..(ack: keith)

3 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Should Lakeside be thrown out, I'd be on the phone to the lawyers. This simply should not be allowed to happen.

Lakeside would not be thrown out. They would be ordered to restage the fixture. 

If they can restage the fixture is another question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Lakeside would not be thrown out. They would be ordered to restage the fixture. 

If they can restage the fixture is another question. 

Only way would be to have a double header next week!

Workington would have to park up at a service station and await the result before resuming their journey!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Whatever the outcome of this , its just another sad day for speedway and not a very good advertisement for any future would be supporters to want to attend .Perhaps they should draw a line and  cancel  the rest of the season without any competition winners . It's incredible that we've had less league fixtures this season and find ourselves struggling to complete the season . biggest bugbear for me is all those weeks in the height of the season at all tracks  with good weather most of the time and no speedway whatever bright spark thought of that idea should not be allowed anywhere near a proposed fixture list again

Correct me if I'm wrong...ha,ha,......but didn't the Boro promoter say the home meeting at the EoS, versus Lakeside, would be the last meeting there this season??? 

If it wasn't for the outstanding league match at Workington, I would not have been surprised if Lakehouse had turned around and conceded the Shield competition, then ran the match vs Panthers during the week (Wednesday or Thursday) and then next weekend worky would face us or Peterborough, Worky on the Saturday, then Lakehouse or Peterborough on the Sunday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, waco said:

Tonight was another nail in the speedway coffin .not I might add down to the Lakeside promotion but a shambles of people in charge of Rye House stadiums total incompitents....Now will Lakeside still chance running here next season that is the big question..?.

No chance I'd say. The club must have lost a fortune running these few meetings at Rye. The stadium is not fit for purpose, and needs major investment to make it suitable to run professional Speedway. 

• Like 2

it was obvious that lakeside were going to go through if meeting continued 

but others have had meetings called off in the past when 1 team was obviously going to win only for the rerun to favour the other team 

now as a Workington fan I  wouldn't like to call this 1 

do we want to see lakeside 3 out of 4 last meetings no not really 

do I think panthers with only 2 of there own riders and 4 selected track guests are a good opposition 

well who knows 

panthers did finish top before playoffs and were going well but its not the same team now and are a lot weaker 

either way there's just over a week to go and it needs sorted soon as next weekends weather forecast for up north is no looking too good 

• Like 1

Sad sad day for the sport.

Feel for  Lakeside as the problems seem to lie with the stadium owners, any I would imagine that the Lakeside promotion will more that likely look at this and realise that they cannot continue to use the Rye House stadium for now and the foreseeable future.

For me Lakeside should do the honourable thing and forfeit the tie, a sad day for them not fault but needs must.

But serious questions need to be raised as to why after a reduced fixture list and and the best weather for some years we are still trying resolve completing fixtures.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I sympathise but this match was due to be staged first on the 6th October and their doesn’t appear to have been any great urgency to stage it despite time rapidly running out, a point I raised on an earlier thread.

Should GED/Panthers concede? Fair and honourable given scores after Ht 8? 

• Like 1

maybe if the 2 sides can work something out between them 

that will be the way to go 

but who with a chance of winning the league playoffs will just stand down if they don't have too 

id feel really bad if my team were in with a chance and forfeited 

Let’s go back to arena and give the place a proper farewell, try going out in style. Lakeside is not going to survive at Rye House. Come on you clowns you know it makes sense!! ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin king said:

Sad sad day for the sport.

Feel for  Lakeside as the problems seem to lie with the stadium owners, any I would imagine that the Lakeside promotion will more that likely look at this and realise that they cannot continue to use the Rye House stadium for now and the foreseeable future.

For me Lakeside should do the honourable thing and forfeit the tie, a sad day for them not fault but needs must.

But serious questions need to be raised as to why after a reduced fixture list and and the best weather for some years we are still trying resolve completing fixtures.   

Honourable thing? Give me some of the crack your smoking please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...ha,ha,......but didn't the Boro promoter say the home meeting at the EoS, versus Lakeside, would be the last meeting there this season??? 

he did say,,,,,,

2 minutes ago, Irk Deflector said:

Should GED/Panthers concede? Fair and honourable given scores after Ht 8? 

:unsure: