British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

I have a horrible suspicion that tonight's farce may be the final death knell for many supporters, if not for the Hammers as an entity. I hope JCF's imaginary train journey was better than my actual one. No direct trains to London because of engineering works. Had to change at Broxbourne, and the first train when we got there was cancelled too. Just got home after a long incredibly frustrating day. Not speedway's finest hour. Another low which may be the end of a desperately sad season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I have a horrible suspicion that tonight's farce may be the final death knell for many supporters, if not for the Hammers as an entity. I hope JCF's imaginary train journey was better than my actual one. No direct trains to London because of engineering works. Had to change at Broxbourne, and the first train when we got there was cancelled too. Just got home after a long incredibly frustrating day. Not speedway's finest hour. Another low which may be the end of a desperately sad season.

Sorry to hear about your train problems. I didn't actually go through London.

My journey was Peterborough to Stevenage, Stevenage to Hertford North, Hertford East to Rye House.

26 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Don't care how you dress it up. That Rathbone fella is an odious little man.

Yes, he's entitled blah blah.

Opportunistic at best. I could say a lot worse that would likely get me a knock on the door from the police.

Alas, anything I say on this forum, I'm more than happy to repeat to anyone's face.

Big man eh.

4 minutes ago, Bryce said:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Big man eh.

Erm, not necessarily. Just that I'm happy to say the same things in person as opposed to just an anonymous internet forum.

Are you?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, singy13 said:

think I saw you coming thru entrance last night......weighing up catering van....great effort, come again.

Don’t think that was me Singy, certainly wasn’t eying up the catering van

Love visiting Workington. After 4/5hrs of driving hell, the final drive along the A66 , makes you realise how beautiful Britain is. Will be back to Workington this weekend 100%, just hope the weather stays fair & good luck on Thursday night 

Edited by Falcon Hammer
  • Like 3

What an absolute disgrace that was. Felt like the fans were left (literally) in the dark for far too long and then to come over the PA and announce "we're sorry, we're speedway people, not electricians" is just shoddy. Had to take an 8 year old kid home bored out of his mind for a good hour waiting around and doesn't want to go back to the speedway now. And can you blame him? Tonight was the absolute lowest I've felt about this sport in a long time and that's bloody well saying something with the amount of crap we put up with in speedway.

People can shoulder the blame with Rye House and they obviously had a massive hand to play in this mess of a so called meeting. But lakeside have to as well. The lack of worthwhile communication was bad just the occasional "we're doing our best" well, it wasn't good enough. I often see the phrase any speedway is better than no speedway thrown a lot around especially on this forum, but I can safely say I'd rather have none than have to put up with the absolute dross I saw.

Edited by spin king junior
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Erm, not necessarily. Just that I'm happy to say the same things in person as opposed to just an anonymous internet forum.

Are you?

I just find your comment obnoxious basically and if your not prepared to put your comment on here why load the gun and not fire the bullets. Tonight's problem was not caused by Ged Rathbone and yet you are prepared to make half baked comments about him . We could all make comments about different promoters but most of us prefer not to as a matter of respect.

15 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

What an absolute disgrace that was. Felt like the fans were left (literally) in the dark for far too long and then to come over the PA and announce "we're sorry, we're speedway people, not electricians" is just shoddy. Had to take an 8 year old kid home bored out of his mind for a good hour waiting around and doesn't want to go back to the speedway now. And can you blame him? Tonight was the absolute lowest I've felt about this sport in a long time and that's bloody well saying something with the amount of crap we put up with in speedway.

Peoole can shoulder the blame with Rye House and they obviously had a massive hand to play in this mess of a so called meeting. But lakeside have to as well. The lack of worthwhile communication was bad just the occasional "we're doing our best" well, it wasn't good enough. I often see the phrase any speedway is better than no speedway thrown a lot around especially on this forum, but I can safely say I'd rather have none than have to put up with the absolute dross I saw.

Spinny, why didn't you go watch the Scorpions much nearer and better racing? All your Sheffield management there again enjoying some great racing

4 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Spinny, why didn't you go watch the Scorpions much nearer and better racing? All your Sheffield management there again enjoying some great racing

Believe me, if I could've been at any meeting tonight I'd have been at scunny! The other half is a southerner and  lives near Rye House so thought I'd take the opportunity to go watch some speedway with the season ending do prematurely at Sheffield!

I blame Matt Ford

• Haha 3

If this fixture carries on much longer Peterborough will have a full team again

If it’s rerun at Rye House, is Ed Kenneth eligible to guest for Peterborough seeing as he signed earlier in the season and then got injured?

Sorry people ,maybe its been mentioned,but at what point did the lights fail? I know it was somewhere around heat 8,but were they just about to run a heat,i know the last thing that happened was Adam Ellis crashing,but did his bike maybe snag a cutout to the lights.were the stadium lights also off.Sorry im just trying to get a picture leading up to the moment when the lights failed.