British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

:rofl: Shut Up !!! You really think Peterborough would have pulled 22 points back !! Alas this farce between P,boro and Lakeside carries on , we have done everything asked , rode on off-nights with another off-night coming up this Thursday to run a final , would have been running tonight to get the rain-off from Saturday in but Lakeside refused to return having reserves at Work or some excuse :rolleyes: So we sit and wait further for this shambles to get sorted out while Peterborough think they should be awarded the trophy, Lakeside doing everything in their power to get the finals ran at the Arena so their massive home advantage will see them lift the cup....Not a bit of winder Speedway in on its ar*e . If you win something it should be on merit not trying to screw everything to gain the advantage its an absolute joke  :nono: 

Yes, shame on Lakeside for trying to hold their home matches.....at erm...home...

wait..what..?

This is the problem.

When rules are stuck to rigidly, people complain 'there is no room for common sense'.

However when there is a hint that some common sense may be shown people say 'what is the point of having a rule book'

I am sure it is the same people each time complaining each time, and just like to whinge and have a pop at all and sundry.

Yes I have sympathy with their present situation, but in this instance there is no way Peterborough would pull back the deficit. They should be big enough to accept that and common sense should prevail.

Edited by Carlislecomet2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

What a rotten stinking mess, just think, if rumours are true they actually want 4 or 5 sides from the national league to move up and join this shambles next season.

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

There’s two precedents set.  One is to go on the meetings that have been completed.  In this case, Lakeside win by 46-44.  The other comes from Redcar v Glasgow last year, when a result was declared before Heat 10.  The SCB took into account that even if neither Glasgow completed Heat 10, the result was still conclusive.  Two 5-0s to Peterborough in Heats 9 and 10 and Lakeside would have still progressed.

To be quite frank, no more time can be spent on the semi-final – it’s not fair on Workington, in particular.  Workington and Lakeside need to start planning the final, which must take place next weekend.

Why are you only counting heats 9 & 10 - what about heats 11-15?

• Thanks 1

Technicalities may well rule the day here but if anyone thinks that Peterborough deserve to profit from all of this by way of advancement to the final, then there really isn't too much more to say i guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Why are you only counting heats 9 & 10 - what about heats 11-15?

I'm not.  The SCB precedent last year did.

15 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

What a rotten stinking mess, just think, if rumours are true they actually want 4 or 5 sides from the national league to move up and join this shambles next season.

Not a good way of selling the product is it?  Nowt to do with me...but... what was wrong with say a 2 pm start?...no lights required.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Not a good way of selling the product is it?  Nowt to do with me...but... what was wrong with say a 2 pm start?...no lights required.

A ride and slide day was held at the stadium in the afternoon.

Rye House should make another date available, it was the stadium that Lakeside must be paying rent for that caused the meeting to be cancelled. Unfortunately any other time the meeting would have to be run again and if it can’t because Lakeside can’t stage it then Peterborough have to go through. What a total shambles of a sport though and I can’t see the Lakeside promotion being bothered to run next season at Rye either and I don’t blame them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liam said:

Rye House should make another date available, it was the stadium that Lakeside must be paying rent for that caused the meeting to be cancelled. Unfortunately any other time the meeting would have to be run again and if it can’t because Lakeside can’t stage it then Peterborough have to go through. What a total shambles of a sport though and I can’t see the Lakeside promotion being bothered to run next season at Rye either and I don’t blame them.

By recent reports crowds at Rye for Hammers meetings not so good.......hopefully, and quickly, some land will be found to help them back to homeland....sure no one wants another club to perish?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, liam said:

To true rye should give us a chance of another date why not Wednesdays that's when they  as a team were running

and they own us big time for failing so badly since we have been there as if right we had a sparky on hand and they did

refuse to use him then they owe us on that alone.

maybe the promotion should get some legal advice if a contract was signed as surely as hosts rye should

have made sure that the toilets had lights and loo paper it was keep clean and most important maintained properly.

10 minutes ago, HAMMER180 said:

To true rye should give us a chance of another date why not Wednesdays that's when they  as a team were running

and they own us big time for failing so badly since we have been there as if right we had a sparky on hand and they did

refuse to use him then they owe us on that alone.

maybe the promotion should get some legal advice if a contract was signed as surely as hosts rye should

have made sure that the toilets had lights and loo paper it was keep clean and most important maintained properly.

Someone on here said they were sitting  surrounded by rubbish still left from Fridays meeting v Comets...surely some volunteers could help with such mundane work ?

50 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A ride and slide day was held at the stadium in the afternoon.

No wonder some have said the track was so slick, we had the same issue at Lakeside whenever the track was being used during the day.