British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

52 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Either way it has no bearing whatsoever on the circumstances involved and is not a valid argument for what might have happened .

I didn’t say it was, lakeside only rent the stadium. They’re not responsible for the fixtures and fittings, last night was a shambles but hardly their fault  

in the panthers press release Ged hinted that the team had made massive changes and could have pulled it back.

laughable

59 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Either way it has no bearing whatsoever on the circumstances involved and is not a valid argument for what might have happened .

And what might have happened pray tell.

Edited by Carlislecomet2

2 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

Well said Old Bob. 

Crazy situation that just has everyone arguing. The result cannot stand, so this the needs to be resolved by the scores from just the first leg. The only logical conclusion.

What really concerns me, is that we have 2 clubs - Rye and Lakeside, where the fans are bickering, arguing and not supporting their team and/or track. Which ultimately will lead to the loss of both.

Crazy.

It wasn’t long ago you was saying you would never go back to Lakeside while Jon Cook was running the club and if it folds it folds, why the change of heart?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Laurel and Hardy are running the sport, arn't they?

It would be a big improvement if they were. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Massive changes my foot they have raced there already nearly as much as Lakeside ..what lies they will tell to try to justify being put through....

12 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

And what might have happened pray tell.

I think you are not seeing this in the same light as myself I am certainly not defending Ged's  comment regarding massive bike changes , what I am saying that this should not have any bearing on the outcome. As for what might have happened Lakeside would have won it at a canter , but they didn't get to the magical 10 heats qualification point so it must seen as incomplete .

I would be most surprised if the Mafia did not award this  to Lakeside!!

27 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Ordinarily, I would say that the result was a foregone conclusion looking at the first 7 heats. But, Ged's comments about bike changes completely turn the context of this tie upside down. 

We could have ended up with a golden heat decider. 

And you should have boarded the last train to Clarkesville as you seem to be making a right monkee  out of yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I would be most surprised if the Mafia did not award this  to Lakeside!!

to be fair  Lakeside were as good as done looking at the score

but on the flip side one could argue it is not the panthers fault that Lakeside cant get a meeting done,,,,   sadly a no win situation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

And you should have boarded the last train to Clarkesville as you seem to be making a right monkee  out of yourself

Very good, that illustrates the average age of the Speedway fan in this country!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I would be most surprised if the Mafia did not award this to Lakeside!!

Seems logical in the circumstances. Won the 1st leg away and 20 points up just past halfway in the second. It was only going one way so just put everyone out of their misery and call it!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Yes I have sympathy with their present situation, but in this instance there is no way Peterborough would pull back the deficit. They should be big enough to accept that and common sense should prevail.

If you take that approach then what is the point in running any event at all? Surely that's the point of competitive sport and the against all odds come backs, yes they're few and far between but they do happen, Liverpool European Cup victory, even in Speedway, I remember watching a Peterborough vs Ipswich match many years ago when Peterborough needed 4 or 5 5-1's from the remaining races and they did it, the one where Chris Louis got excluded for fencing somebody at the start, and then there was the Peterborough come back Vs Reading in the play of final... So it does happen, which is why I'm not a fan of the heat 10 result stands rule.

If you did call all matches before they'd even been ridden it would certainly help with fixture congestion though!

7 minutes ago, waco said:

Massive changes my foot they have raced there already nearly as much as Lakeside ..what lies they will tell to try to justify being put through....

Peterboroughs teams for each match have been so different, Lakesides have been actually practically the same, no tracks are consistent in being prepared the same for various reasons, although what he said does seem odd im sure any other promotion would say the same in this situation.

Do think Peterborough should give Lakeside the final spot as they were being well beaten on the night but im sure  if it was the other way around Lakeside would wont the final spot.

40 minutes ago, liam said:

It wasn’t long ago you was saying you would never go back to Lakeside while Jon Cook was running the club and if it folds it folds, why the change of heart?

No change of heart. Don't want to see either club disappear. What we seem to have is 2 clubs strugglingtto survive and an opportunity to combine the two but we, the collective we, seem intent on destroying both.

6 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

No change of heart. Don't want to see either club disappear. What we seem to have is 2 clubs strugglingtto survive and an opportunity to combine the two but we, the collective we, seem intent on destroying both.

So people should hand over good money for an awful product to save Rye House stadium and Lakeside as a club. With Kent and Eastbourne both looking to run on saturdays next year, there will be even more choice for south east speedway fans to get their weekend fix.