British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

12 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

No change of heart. Don't want to see either club disappear. What we seem to have is 2 clubs strugglingtto survive and an opportunity to combine the two but we, the collective we, seem intent on destroying both.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like Rye House is a very good place to watch speedway so can’t blame fans for not wanting to travel. It’s a shame how things have ended for both Lakeside and Rye House.

• Like 2

Got to love mr rathbone saying rules are rules think back to last years fours on that one pal, as for bike changes he is just taking the p*** m,give the tie to lakeside so we can ride 3 times against them before sunday!

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

“We had made massive changes to our bikes “

did he he really say that with a straight face ? 

Apparently they fitted headlights.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I think you are not seeing this in the same light as myself I am certainly not defending Ged's  comment regarding massive bike changes , what I am saying that this should not have any bearing on the outcome. As for what might have happened Lakeside would have won it at a canter , but they didn't get to the magical 10 heats qualification point so it must seen as incomplete .

Where were you last night when urgently needed.......???

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Would that maybe work though......I remember coming home from work at 10.30 pm and being often overtook by two wheel flyers...lights n all blazing..

13 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Credit where it's due :D

On another thread there was a comment about what other sport has supporters checking on the weather as much as speedway - and someone beat me to it and suggested cricket.

This got me thinking,  and while cricket use the Duckworth-Lewis method for determining the results of cricket matches which have been curtailed for various reasons (including inclement weather), maybe speedway could introduce a similar system - we could have the Laurel and Hardy method.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

On another thread there was a comment about what other sport has supporters checking on the weather as much as speedway - and someone beat me to it and suggested cricket.

This got me thinking,  and while cricket use the Duckworth-Lewis method for determining the results of cricket matches which have been curtailed for various reasons (including inclement weather), maybe speedway could introduce a similar system - we could have the Laurel and Hardy method.

But you may have hit on something which could prove useful.........there again??  THJ you there??

The sport needs an appropriate sponsor to hi-light what it's all about. I suggest Billy Smart's Circus.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Got to love mr rathbone saying rules are rules think back to last years fours on that one pal, as for bike changes he is just taking the p*** m,give the tie to lakeside so we can ride 3 times against them before sunday!

Fail to see the comparison .Having said that Lakeside clearly better side overall. Panthers display was shameful.

Whilst I can see what we are trying to achieve by getting a final place and the principles that we could fix the problems when it was the same at the showground, but just give up. We were beaten at home and we were getting smashed away. We have 2 riders left, why would we be wanting to put our self in a position to get a spanking in the final. I hope Ged sees sense and saves his money on guests cause the way the sport is being run no one will want to buy it off him (I know we have had 3 potential buyers but realistically no one in their right mind would invest in a speedway team in the UK) , so he will need all the money hes got for next year.

Edited by Panther1997
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Laurel and Hardy are running the sport, arn't they?

All the comparisons to Laurel and Hardy are completely unjust. Remember that Laurel and Hardy were talented people trying to look like fools whereas the people running the sport are???? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bryce said:

The sport needs an appropriate sponsor to hi-light what it's all about. I suggest Billy Smart's Circus.

Oxo. Then it really can be a laughing stock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About time the ACU realised that the" Gang of Two" are totally unfit to be in charge of a credible sport.

• Like 4