British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

23 minutes ago, HAMMER180 said:

should,nt be riding at all

That is   your opinion , but regardless of what you think it is the correct decision and I honestly don't know what you are worrying about as the patched up Panthers will I am sure put up a much better show this time but still not good enough to even be close .

2 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Oh dear. What an awful side. 

Panthers have been robbed through injuries and bad luck.

Lakeside's incompetence on Sunday has meant the Panthers now have a weaker team. 

We should be riding under protest. 

I  thought they were riding under protest last Sunday

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falcon Hammer said:

Superb that Lakeside have miraculously found a date when apparently none were available. Equally fantastic that Peterborough were ready to race any day of the week, when previously they weren’t able to agree to last Sunday a week in advance 

Marvellous 

Synics like you Dave, do the sport no good. Personally, i can't wait to sit in a filthy stand surrounded by rubbish. Watching fantastic racing on a superbly prepared track. Keeping my fingers crossed that the lights don't fail.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

and yes I'd love to know when he booked his holidays

Some weeks ago I believe but after his season ending injury

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Some weeks ago I believe but after his season ending injury

You'd like to hope so wouldn't you

32 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

That is   your opinion , but regardless of what you think it is the correct decision and I honestly don't know what you are worrying about as the patched up Panthers will I am sure put up a much better show this time but still not good enough to even be close .

It is a decision that is, in effect, a fine on Lakeside. The mid week fixture will be a financial disaster for the promotion as I doubt the attendance will even merit manning the turnstiles!

9 minutes ago, TonyE said:

It is a decision that is, in effect, a fine on Lakeside. The mid week fixture will be a financial disaster for the promotion as I doubt the attendance will even merit manning the turnstiles!

Especially with reduced admission.

7 minutes ago, TonyE said:

And Workington too, the whole idea of the play offs was to give clubs a bumper gate and boost the coffers, what chance have Workington or Lakeside got to promote the final, I've agreed with some of Ged's stances in the past but not this one I'm afraid - this selfish behaviour could earn him a seat at the top table if he doesnt sell !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Looks a worse team on paper than on sunday. I was expecting the panthers to strengthen up a bit, not the opposite.

They are just getting it over with.

21 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

They are just getting it over with.

If they wanted to get it over with, why not concede the tie. This way it's costing everybody money. The promoters are going to be out of pocket, and so are the fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

If they wanted to get it over with, why not concede the tie. This way it's costing everybody money. The promoters are going to be out of pocket, and so are the fans.

The season should all be done and dusted by now anyway, less fixtures yet its nearly November and nothing has been decided yet. Fixture planning does not get any worse than this 2018 nonsense....

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Better start your Panthers 2019 thread then because that's it for 2018 and you'll need somewhere to post to keep us entertained :)

Good point. Time to start now 

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

Send the bill to Rye House they supplied a venue not fit for purpose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Are Peterborough actually allowed to concede the tie wouldnt they then face a heavy fine, with the team there putting out they are as good as saying its all yours have it.

• Like 1