British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

1 hour ago, liam said:

Send the bill to Rye House they supplied a venue not fit for purpose.

If i was Rye House, i would have told Jon Cook no you can't use our trackB)

Then Lakeside would have not been in the playoffs or the cup

3 hours ago, TonyE said:

It is a decision that is, in effect, a fine on Lakeside. The mid week fixture will be a financial disaster for the promotion as I doubt the attendance will even merit manning the turnstiles!

One minute many say surely they can find a midweek date to restage the match, now they have its now a financial disaster. 

thats what happens when two doves cry . 

14 minutes ago, barraider said:

If i was Rye House, i would have told Jon Cook no you can't use our trackB)

Then Lakeside would have not been in the playoffs or the cup

Eastbourne offered them the use of Arlington.

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

Eastbourne offered them the use of Arlington.

Maybe they should be called the Lakeside Nomads ...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Maybe they should be called the Lakeside Nomads ...

I remember going to Rye House v Peterborough in the cup final, staged at Arena Essex many moons ago. So all this is nothing new.

I would have fancied a trip to Arlington ....... nice little stadium.....plenty of parking space,   good resonably priced cafe at the back of the pits area and a good track souvenir shop with a wide selection of speedway books

Probably far too much grip on the track for both PBoro and LSide riders

• Like 4

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Didn't he elect to have his operation, weeks ago now, knowing he'd let both of his clubs (and fans) down... Would also be interesting to know when your number 1 booked his hollibobs

He (BWD) actually informed Peterborough before signing for them that he had surgery scheduled for 27 September and they were happy for him to sign on that basis. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I would have fancied a trip to Arlington ....... nice little stadium.....plenty of parking space,   good resonably priced cafe at the back of the pits area and a good track souvenir shop with a wide selection of speedway books

Probably far too much grip on the track for both PBoro and LSide riders

Smart pub in Hailsham

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Would also be interesting to know when your number 1 booked his hollibobs

Scott, regrettably announced his season was finished, due to the injury, some time ago. That would include October. Why are you so interested when he booked his Hollibobs? 

• Like 2

I'm just glad the season is nearly over. I need a few months off from the sport. No doubt my enthusiasm will return, when the old boys club release their blueprint for next year.

19 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm just glad the season is nearly over. I need a few months off from the sport. No doubt my enthusiasm will return, when the old boys club release their blueprint for next year.

Don’t hold your breath we have been at these crossroads before.

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

Don’t hold your breath we have been at these crossroads before.

There was a hint of sarcasm in my post.

9 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

He (BWD) actually informed Peterborough before signing for them that he had surgery scheduled for 27 September and they were happy for him to sign on that basis. 

Well that's even worse then, I don't know who's mugged off the fans more... Though some fans don't seem to mind being mugged off by the riders or the promotion

Edited by iainb

Been mentioned on twitter there is a lot of talk about Ulrich riding after being sick on Sunday, Normally this would mean you can't ride for seven days but apparently this didn't count as the meeting was abandoned, however that rule did not apply to Richard Lawson earlier in the season when he missed a meeting which was also abandoned and was subsequently banned from riding for seven days.

Where is the consistency?

• Like 3