British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

2012 Playoff group stages Edinburgh v Workington wasn’t staged & even though Workington could’ve qualified with a win, Scunthorpe qualified - Reckon Lakeside will get the nod re the away win

I went tonight. Absolute shambles and I left at 8.30pm.

The electrics at Rye were always dodgy in Len's day as the call always used to go out for Steve Naylor when the they went wrong.

The fixture should be restaged and if Lakeside can't do so within the timeframe left of the season they should be chucked out.

3 minutes ago, Irk Deflector said:

Should GED/Panthers concede? Fair and honourable given scores after Ht 8? 

To be fair the Hammers were on a different planet tonight and were much quicker out the of the gate on a track which was greasy early doors and was as bald as a badgers bum.

If it had got to heat 10 we couldn’t have complained but unfortunately you didn’t and the aggravation you caused at Peterborough the other week after our light failure and delay has really come me back to haunt you.

The BSPA Results service states meeting abandoned result does not stand, effectively that means it needs restaging, if you cannot do that you forfeit the tie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Falcon Hammer said:

2012 Playoff group stages Edinburgh v Workington wasn’t staged & even though Workington could’ve qualified with a win, Scunthorpe qualified - Reckon Lakeside will get the nod re the away win

think I saw you coming thru entrance last night......weighing up catering van....great effort, come again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...ha,ha,......but didn't the Boro promoter say the home meeting at the EoS, versus Lakeside, would be the last meeting there this season??? 

You are wrong

6 minutes ago, Falcon Hammer said:

and it was well know that 1 off them teams refused a few dates to run the fixture

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...ha,ha,......but didn't the Boro promoter say the home meeting at the EoS, versus Lakeside, would be the last meeting there this season??? 

He said it was the last scheduled meeting at the EOES...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BluPanther said:

Hmmmm......ok then.....I'll just check the SS re wording... ta anyhow...

5 minutes ago, Noodles said:

You are wrong

as above....ta

Don't care how you dress it up. That Rathbone fella is an odious little man.

Yes, he's entitled blah blah.

Opportunistic at best. I could say a lot worse that would likely get me a knock on the door from the police.

Alas, anything I say on this forum, I'm more than happy to repeat to anyone's face.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair the Hammers were on a different planet tonight and were much quicker out the of the gate on a track which was greasy early doors and was as bald as a badgers bum.

If it had got to heat 10 we couldn’t have complained but unfortunately you didn’t and the aggravation you caused at Peterborough the other week after our light failure and delay has really come me back to haunt you.

The BSPA Results service states meeting abandoned result does not stand, effectively that means it needs restaging, if you cannot do that you forfeit the tie.

"You", "you", "you" - LOL - what made you think I'm a Lakeside fan? Panther since 1977! 

8 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

6 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Hmmmm......ok then.....I'll just check the SS re wording... ta anyhow...

as above....ta

It would be an odd thing to say considering we still had Scunthorpe to race at home the following week

• Like 1

Interesting to note that Ged said that the team had made major bike changes, would have been very interesting to see the conclusion of this meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Interesting to note that Ged said that the team had made major bike changes, would have been very interesting to see the conclusion of this meeting.

You where that uninterested that you left early