British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

The services of a track electrian should be included in the rent, but I can't find any mention of an electrician in the rule book.

This is the only related comment that I can find:-

HEALTH and SAFETY

1. 5.4.1  All meetings and training sessions are subject to the Health & Safety at Work Act: Promotions,

Clubs or Associate Members must carry out risk assessments on a regular basis and when

requested, copies must be forwarded to the SCB, BSPA or Insurance Companies.

2. 5.4.2  Risk Assessments must be made for all aspects of a meeting, and specifically include:

1. a)  Entrances/exits to the stadium, including the car park, lighting, signage etc.

2. b)  Movement of people and machinery in the Pits Area, and onto the Track, including plant equipment, riders, Officials, spectators and visitors) who may be on the Infield or Track and also in the event of a track racing accident.

3. c)  The safety of spectators in the public areas.

If Risk Assessments are incomplete, please be aware that insurance cover may become null and void. 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Good to see as well as speedway fans arguing with each other , all the speedway “promoters” are arguing with each other. 

What hope is there for the sport  ? 

Well said Old Bob. 

Crazy situation that just has everyone arguing. The result cannot stand, so this the needs to be resolved by the scores from just the first leg. The only logical conclusion.

What really concerns me, is that we have 2 clubs - Rye and Lakeside, where the fans are bickering, arguing and not supporting their team and/or track. Which ultimately will lead to the loss of both.

Crazy.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

There’s two precedents set.  One is to go on the meetings that have been completed.  In this case, Lakeside win by 46-44.  The other comes from Redcar v Glasgow last year, when a result was declared before Heat 10.  The SCB took into account that even if neither Glasgow completed Heat 10, the result was still conclusive.  Two 5-0s to Peterborough in Heats 9 and 10 and Lakeside would have still progressed.

To be quite frank, no more time can be spent on the semi-final – it’s not fair on Workington, in particular.  Workington and Lakeside need to start planning the final, which must take place next weekend.

That’s how I read it, the first part being:

2012 ELKOC QF Birmingham beat Belle Vue away 42-35: The home leg was subsequently rained off 11/10 & Birmingham went through to the SF

19 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Well said Old Bob. 

Crazy situation that just has everyone arguing. The result cannot stand, so this the needs to be resolved by the scores from just the first leg. The only logical conclusion.

What really concerns me, is that we have 2 clubs - Rye and Lakeside, where the fans are bickering, arguing and not supporting their team and/or track. Which ultimately will lead to the loss of both.

Crazy.

Will the fans get in for free if it is re run,there won't be many there if not IMO ,they are being totally ripped off these days with 10 Ht matches and abandonments .

If Lakeside have not got a suitable date available as stated on their web site then the BSPA have no choice but to award the tie to Peterborough 

Edited by Gunner85

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Someone on here said they were sitting  surrounded by rubbish still left from Fridays meeting v Comets...surely some volunteers could help with such mundane work ?

Do you, or have you, ever volunteered your services to your club?

Genuine question.

54 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

The services of a track electrian should be included in the rent, but I can't find any mention of an electrician in the rule book.

This is the only related comment that I can find:-

HEALTH and SAFETY

1. 5.4.1  All meetings and training sessions are subject to the Health & Safety at Work Act: Promotions,

Clubs or Associate Members must carry out risk assessments on a regular basis and when

requested, copies must be forwarded to the SCB, BSPA or Insurance Companies.

2. 5.4.2  Risk Assessments must be made for all aspects of a meeting, and specifically include:

1. a)  Entrances/exits to the stadium, including the car park, lighting, signage etc.

2. b)  Movement of people and machinery in the Pits Area, and onto the Track, including plant equipment, riders, Officials, spectators and visitors) who may be on the Infield or Track and also in the event of a track racing accident.

3. c)  The safety of spectators in the public areas.

If Risk Assessments are incomplete, please be aware that insurance cover may become null and void. 

That would tend to suggest that Rye House needs an electrician to inspect and certify the lighting (And other electrical equipment) as fit for purpose before another meeting can take place there.

As a neutral, i couldn't give a monkey's either way. The thought of two more visits to Rye fills me with dread.

• Like 2

“We had made massive changes to our bikes “

did he he really say that with a straight face ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonny the spud said:

“We had made massive changes to our bikes “

did he he really say that with a straight face ? 

Either way it has no bearing whatsoever on the circumstances involved and is not a valid argument for what might have happened .

2 hours ago, liam said:

Rye House should make another date available, it was the stadium that Lakeside must be paying rent for that caused the meeting to be cancelled. Unfortunately any other time the meeting would have to be run again and if it can’t because Lakeside can’t stage it then Peterborough have to go through. What a total shambles of a sport though and I can’t see the Lakeside promotion being bothered to run next season at Rye either and I don’t blame them.

It's another fine mess that even Laurel and Hardy would be proud of... :neutral:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

It's another fine mess that even Laurel and Hardy would be proud of... :neutral:

Laurel and Hardy are running the sport, arn't they?

• Like 1

Ordinarily, I would say that the result was a foregone conclusion looking at the first 7 heats. But, Ged's comments about bike changes completely turn the context of this tie upside down. 

We could have ended up with a golden heat decider. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

Just give the win to Lakeside. We were completely out of it and only have 2 of our riders left. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hodgy said:

Just give the win to Lakeside. We were completely out of it and only have 2 of our riders left. 

Are you forgetting Ged's comments about bike changes?