British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

4 minutes ago, barraider said:

Should be the same lineups

So if someones not available do Lakeside have any further dates or tracks ?? 

Edited by scoobydoo

The projected result according to the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern-Jones method is Lakeside 65 - 24.11 Peterborough.

Unfortunately this is being disputed by those using the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern-Rathbone method which scores it 39-49*.

To be serious though, one idea that could be borrowed from cricket is not to re-stage uncompleted meetings but award a point to each team for a No Result. It would cut out all the squabbling over dates and rider availability and encourage completion of some questionably abandoned meetings to gain extra points.

* The D-L-S-R method reinstates Wilkinson in heat 9 as compensation for the floodlight failure.

Apparently Eastbourne offered the use of Arlington. I would have snatched their hands off. Any more meetings at Rye, are a recipe for disaster.

• Like 2

Meeting arranged for Wednesday at Hoddesdon 24th at 7-30pm. On British Speedway web site.

6 minutes ago, bdjfan said:

Meeting arranged for Wednesday at Hoddesdon 24th at 7-30pm. On British Speedway web site.

:D

Do we have to bring a torch to use for any floodlighting problems? So far both tracks involved have had a lighting failure and I have zero confidence for Wednesday to be any different. 

GED Rathbone or desperate Dan as I call him should have conceded this tie in the best interest of the sport .Hope both sides do the honourable thing and use the same sides.Peterborough for the time been have a few more straws to clutch at 

• Like 3

Rye house have assured John Cook it will all be fine on Wednesday night

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Do we have to bring a torch to use for any floodlighting problems? So far both tracks involved have had a lighting failure and I have zero confidence for Wednesday to be any different. 

Would it be silly to suggest that, Lakeside could have Peterboroughs temporary lighting on hand, (at Lakesides expense, of course),,, even if it could/might hamper Peterborough ?

12 minutes ago, bdjfan said:

Rye house have assured John Cook it will all be fine on Wednesday night

Well, at least the weather shouldn't be a problem then ;)

• Like 1

The good thing about this not wanted re run at which a very low turnout can be expected is that if Peterborough have the same line up it should be a great pay day for the Lakeside riders.......Oh i forgot the Panthers will have changed set ups and will be flying......

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would it be silly to suggest that, Lakeside could have Peterboroughs temporary lighting on hand, (at Lakesides expense, of course),,, even if it could/might hamper Peterborough ?

Yes it's a silly idea the temporary lights have no concern of Peterborough speedway , they belong to the showground management.

37 minutes ago, waco said:

The good thing about this not wanted re run at which a very low turnout can be expected is that if Peterborough have the same line up it should be a great pay day for the Lakeside riders.......Oh i forgot the Panthers will have changed set ups and will be flying......

No chance.

Say hello to Steve Worrall & Jason Garrity. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan