British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

Saturday is a final on Rye,s traditional race night it is going to be very cold but lets see how this one goes before deciding on the viability of running there next season......

It is a totally different scenario in conceding a tie which took place, albeit abandoned, and not running the meeting at all. Yes, I know that in official terms the abandoned meeting never took place but, given the circumstances, and they were plentiful, a common sense approach was necessary. As it is, both promotions have been subjected  to considerable expense only to end up with the same result - Lakeside progress to the final.

Perhaps I am a fantasist to believe that common sense could ever play a part in how             speedway is run.

Edited by TonyE
Predictive text booboo.

Don't know where "you can't concede" came from but I am sure a season or two ago, Lakeside pulled out of a competition because of a lack of dates?

12 minutes ago, marko said:

Don't know where "you can't concede" came from but I am sure a season or two ago, Lakeside pulled out of a competition because of a lack of dates?

Knock out cup.

Any one can concede anything if they want to Applies  to every thing not just speedway....