British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Why should they  ? ?  If they did it would be  Extraleague 1 Fim/BSI 0

BECAUSE it is waste of time? When I was conducting the draw for gate positions at well over 100 SGPs was always amazed how many times the rider who had first pick didn't win either the semi or final. 

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BECAUSE it is waste of time? When I was conducting the draw for gate positions at well over 100 SGPs was always amazed how many times the rider who had first pick didn't win either the semi or final. 

The 1st 2 on Saturday had the 1st 2 picks for the final- Kolodziej 1st Madsen 2nd.

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The 1st 2 on Saturday had the 1st 2 picks for the final- Kolodziej 1st Madsen 2nd.

RIDERS have a better chance of getting it right on the night rather than the day before. It is only a matter of opinions. Time trials at practice are meaningless for me but readily accept others enjoy them.

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

RIDERS have a better chance of getting it right on the night rather than the day before. It is only a matter of opinions. Time trials at practice are meaningless for me but readily accept others enjoy them.

I haven`t  particularly enjoyed  the practice this season- my argument is that Friday nights before the GP`s  should  be sacrosanct  for the riders. The Polish Extraleague do not need to put fixtures on these dates, but think everything revolves around them !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I haven`t  particularly enjoyed  the practice this season- my argument is that Friday nights before the GP`s  should  be sacrosanct  for the riders. The Polish Extraleague do not need to put fixtures on these dates, but think everything revolves around them !!!

SADLY it does. Some of the stories I heard in Prague about the sums of money being paid to riders in Poland as a result of the various TV deals are staggering. Many are now not bothering to ride elsewhere. Apparently $100,000 Mercedes cars are now commonplace in the paddock at Polish tracks!

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Can't do much this season but the FIM could bring in a rule for next season that you have to be signed in by 3pm local time on the Friday. That would scupper their Friday night fix..

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Can't do much this season but the FIM could bring in a rule for next season that you have to be signed in by 3pm local time on the Friday. That would scupper their Friday night fix..

In theory that’s ok but in reality you might have to find another 15 riders to do the GP’s- which would be the worst possible outcome.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I agree.

I can't really understand why BSI decided to go ahead with qualifying on Friday night's this season. Except that they just got the tech to work so HAD to use it no matter what.

They were fully aware of the new TV deals for Friday racing in Extraleage and everyone knows the money being thrown around in Poland to riders. So it seems just a bit daft to start this timing thing in the full knowledge of having to do it with riders missing so often.

Just looks a bit pathetic and puts KT/NP in the position of having to 'big up' tumbleweed on TV  just 24 hours before the race. A dreadful advert for the sport. 

PR 'from the bottom drawer' someone might call it.

Edited by Grand Central

On 6/20/2019 at 10:19 AM, racers and royals said:

In theory that’s ok but in reality you might have to find another 15 riders to do the GP’s- which would be the worst possible outcome.

Move practise to Saturday 1pm or 2pm.    That would be the simpliest solution.

Just now, racers and royals said:

And bu**er up the track for the evening !!!

I'm not a currator but hasn't practise happened before on the same day ?    At least 16 riders would appear but there is no system that works to suit everyone.  

7 hours ago, Mark said:

I'm not a currator but hasn't practise happened before on the same day ?    At least 16 riders would appear but there is no system that works to suit everyone.  

SWC/SoN, SEC etc have practise same day, but they're not on temporary tracks

25 minutes ago, stevehone said:

SWC/SoN, SEC etc have practise same day, but they're not on temporary tracks

Warsaw and Cardiff the two from ten in the GP to have temp tracks.  

Maybe the answer is same day practice. 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:18 AM, Mark said:

Warsaw and Cardiff the two from ten in the GP to have temp tracks.  

Maybe the answer is same day practice. 

If they ever have a GP in Dublin they could have practice the day after the meeting.

P.S.

Before any do gooders get on my case I am of Irish Stock

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2