British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, RPNY said:

Choker that this is the year he's injured. Coulda been the best crowd ever at Cardiff if he was leading and it was the penultimate round. 

Think that's what the organisers were hoping for. Was that why they changed the date for Cardiff this year ? Doubt we will ever know

28 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Think that's what the organisers were hoping for. Was that why they changed the date for Cardiff this year ? Doubt we will ever know

it was changed because the stadium is being used in the summer for Welsh rugby team games before the world cup.

12 hours ago, iwright71 said:

No

Torben put that spin on it as if it were BSI's choice.

It wasnt.

But if Tai is back by then it will be sold as a masterstroke to hold it late.

27 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No

Torben put that spin on it as if it were BSI's choice.

It wasnt.

But if Tai is back by then it will be sold as a masterstroke to hold it late.

WOULD have been even better if he was one round away from winning the title again...

If Woffinden is back for Cardiff (fingers crossed) he might go all out to win it this year rather than just seeing it as a point scoring exercise.

26 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WOULD have been even better if he was one round away from winning the title again...

True, but actually this point by Col may be even MORE of a reason to attend. 

22 minutes ago, Col said:

If Woffinden is back for Cardiff (fingers crossed) he might go all out to win it this year rather than just seeing it as a point scoring exercise.

In case anyone has forgotten

The next GP in Wroclaw on Saturday August 3rd will have 8 of the 16 riders missing due to Polish league fixtures that night

Lambert(if still covering for Greg)

Lindgren

Zagar

Madsen

Lindback

Laguta

Dudek

Vaculik

It's time the qualifying was scrapped. It makes it look like a joke sport when this happens.  Pointless and not needed!  Doubt FIM will listen though. :nono:

22 hours ago, Mark said:

it was changed because the stadium is being used in the summer for Welsh rugby team games before the world cup.

Pretty sure Wales have 2 warm up games at the Principality , August 11th and August 17th. Nothing in May, June or July. Stadium must be extremely busy in these months or its a conscious decision by BSI to want to stage the 2nd last Grand Prix in the calendar. 

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

In case anyone has forgotten

The next GP in Wroclaw on Saturday August 3rd will have 8 of the 16 riders missing due to Polish league fixtures that night

Lambert(if still covering for Greg)

Lindgren

Zagar

Madsen

Lindback

Laguta

Dudek

Vaculik

MISSING practice Tim not the meeting itself:party:

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MISSING practice Tim not the meeting itself:party:

A 1 hour TV programme to fill- i wonder if my suggestion of 2 runs each will happen( not that i told anyone other than post it here :))

I assume Sunday is the reserve date if the weather doesn't play ball on Saturday? It is now looking quite ominous with thunder storms possible all day Saturday. 

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

I assume Sunday is the reserve date if the weather doesn't play ball on Saturday? It is now looking quite ominous with thunder storms possible all day Saturday. 

Pretty sure Wroclaw has full track covers so if earlier in the day it wouldn't cause too many issues

Forecast has most definitely got worse and showing rain from 9am to 8pm on Saturday.  I'm sure they have covers also and it drains well so maybe a delayed start if the forecast is correct. If Sunday is used then likely to be an early start to facilitate Ekstraliga fixtures on Sunday afternoon.

Happy Yorkshire Day. :t:

28 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Forecast has most definitely got worse and showing rain from 9am to 8pm on Saturday.  I'm sure they have covers also and it drains well so maybe a delayed start if the forecast is correct. If Sunday is used then likely to be an early start to facilitate Ekstraliga fixtures on Sunday afternoon.

Happy Yorkshire Day. :t:

Extraleague i’m sure will be cancelled if GP is held over- they are ok with spare dates(ie August 18th)

• Like 1