British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The NSS..

And a few Polish ones with the best Sweden has to offer..

Add in the 'flagship ones' in Warsaw and Cardiff..

And you have 'the perfect storm'...

Magic made a very telling comment. .

He said that (in the heat of battle) how much he was enjoying the "crazy racing"...

Give these lads the 'playing field' and they will deliver, time and time again...

Of course, they are thrill merchants, tracks like that feed them exactly what they crave, brilliant meeting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Scott0311 said:

Final WC in Vojens in 1994 - Trick, Nielsen and Boycie - I was there :t:

So was I Scott. Amazing trip. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

At last a decent GP, the series has been tripe since the opening round. Fantastic speedway. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Having seen the racing at Wroclaw, it begs the question as to why BSI continue to put SGP s on at poor tracks.

E.g Prague is a great place to travel to but Pardubice is the best track in the Czech Republic by a long way

Krsko rarely produces good racing etc

For gods sake put the meetings on real race tracks

The problem is that if you were to put it at the best tracks just now, most of the series would be in Poland...

By all accounts, Pardubice aren't interested in running a GP, and Pardubice really doesn't have the hotels to make a good weekend for travelling fans. They would be better served helping the Prague club improve their track to make it a good venue.

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

At last a decent GP, the series has been tripe since the opening round. Fantastic speedway. 

Spot on! A truly amazing meeting with more lead changes in the first four races than the previous 72 GP races this season, added together!

I dont care if its fair or not but just cancel all the remaining 5 GP's and hold all the rounds at Wroclaw!

One of the best meetings i have ever seen!

I was at the run-off in 1967.....:rolleyes:

As for tonight, I have to say, for sheer racing and sustained excitement throughout the whole meeting, it was probably the best meeting I have ever seen going back to 1960. Just amazing and shows why, at its best, Speedway is the best sport in the world. More like this please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, norbold said:

I was at the run-off in 1967.....:rolleyes:

As for tonight, I have to say, for sheer racing and sustained excitement throughout the whole meeting, it was probably the best meeting I have ever seen going back to 1960. Just amazing and shows why, at its best, Speedway is the best sport in the world. More like this please!

See? When people like us say that - and between us we have seen nearly everything and everyone - it shows that speedway is still an incredible sport.

The thing for me tonight was not just passing and close racing; the riders were literally all over the place - at flat-out speeds - looking for the best lines, and some of the moves were absolutely breathtaking. And at times plain scary!!!

Of course, it was great to have much cleaner starts, and not have multiple reruns...

Steve

• Like 3

Was a good GP, couldn't care less who wins though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

So was I 

Me too

Best GP for a long time. Some great races, Zmarzlik deserved the win, could easily have taken Vaculik off entering bend 3 on first lap though. Looks like a cracking battle for the world title this year. Is Torun sold out yet?

Brilliant meeting, best I’ve seen for years. Even better when all go home safe. :)

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

I hope Buster Chapman was watching that. That's how to prepare a proper race track!!!!!

Yeah slick. Grip is a myth

Grip might have been perfect for the old japs and uprights, but the new laydowns cant handle grip. They perform better on slick tracks. 

As u say.... buster take note 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2