British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Midland Red said:

I’m almost certain there were no floodlight pylons there in 1970

I was intrigued by the claim about them being original at the stadium so decided to look it up...Who knows where Kelvin got his info, but the Polish wikipedia page says the "lighting masts" were added to the stadium in 1978.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Sadly no Polish girl would take you :) and most English (whales) girls woud take you at instant :)

I wouldnt want to put my meat near a girl from a third world country if im honest, bet those Polish girls are riddled with all sorts! ;)

A very slickly run meeting. Only one fall, and that was a proper accident with the guilty rider, Zagar, apologising. Only one pulled back for start infringement (by a rider who doesn’t normally do it).

Racing was spot on from race one, and got better. 

Kolodzei is so annoying, one meeting he trailing at he back, then he really in the mix. Antonio can’t really add much these days, this year a waste in the GPs. Sadly Iversen and Zagar not finding their past potential either.

The top guys though, are at a different level, clearly seen last night on what was a really good race track. Speedway at its best. 

Speedway GP series really need  only be a 6/7 meeting series on the top tracks in the world...... and that would include Belle Vue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

The top guys though, are at a different level, clearly seen last night on what was a really good race track. Speedway at its best. 

Speedway GP series really need  only be a 6/7 meeting series on the top tracks in the world...... and that would include Belle Vue.

What a great new sport! Bring it here PRP Motorcycle racing. Passing and Re-passing - certainly never seen here this century. Call it speedway racing and doing it like that will bring hordes of people to see it. Light years away from what we get here and don't say it's the worlds best riders - yes they were. but any four riders on similar standard bikes on a safe track offering multi racing lines and opportunities could present it here regularly. Not the Tapes to Flag stuff we are offered 90% of the time.

• Like 1

ONLY just joined the conversion, having been lucky enough to be in Wroclaw for what I consider to be the greatest speedway meeting I have witnessed. 23 outstanding races, fantastic atmosphere inside the stadium. The skill, the speed, the courage, no better form of motorsport. Sat with former F1 driver Mark Webber and he was drooling at the spectacle. The track at the Olympic Stadium must now be consided better than even Torun and the renovations that have taken place (first went there 49 years ago to see Ivan Mauger complete his World Finals hat-trick) are tremendous. What a night...

• Like 5

What was also amazing was how quickly the tickets sold out in the first place. We’d have been there too if we had realised how quick you had to be off the mark. So watching it on TV was second best but what a meeting. Can only guess at the atmosphere with a Polish winner. Luckily the Polish anthem is quite a good tune.

Out of the top drawer for sure the very best in the world doing the sport proud ,well done to every rider ,the organisers and the fans who as always behaved impeccable  .

On the note of modern machines against 2 valves etc IMO the GP's should be treated like F1 and the rest of the sport  ie British leagues don't need this type of machinery as almost all the riders capable of handling it  are no longer racing there and the tracks are not suitable because of their size .

• Like 1

Wow!  What a meeting!  Must be the best GP yet?  Great track with riders attacking from all directions, and able to ride numerous lines with great success. I do hope that Wroclaw is on the GP list for next year, I don't think I have enjoyed a meeting as much as this for years. Well done to all involved.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Does anyone who keeps a record of passes during meetings(Arnie ?) know how many there were last night ??

I was watching the boxing last night so I've only just caught up with it. 

Answer :- lots. 

Definitely an all- time classic.

Fantastic gp        just wish more people could see it ,a half hour highlights package on terrestrial tv would be a great idea        i know some gps like most sports cant be great every time but last night was really something 

Does anyone know if this has ever been considered         

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ONLY just joined the conversion, having been lucky enough to be in Wroclaw for what I consider to be the greatest speedway meeting I have witnessed. 23 outstanding races, fantastic atmosphere inside the stadium. The skill, the speed, the courage, no better form of motorsport. Sat with former F1 driver Mark Webber and he was drooling at the spectacle. The track at the Olympic Stadium must now be consided better than even Torun and the renovations that have taken place (first went there 49 years ago to see Ivan Mauger complete his World Finals hat-trick) are tremendous. What a night...

I was there too in 1970, Philip, and that for me has always been a stand-out meeting in my memory, for the atmosphere and the sheer will-to-win of Ivan, seemingly against all the odds and all that the East Europeans tried to throw at him

Only able to see last night’s GP on tv, and apart from the bloody awful commentators - who added absolutely nothing to the enjoyment of the evening - this meeting will also stick in the memory for many years (God willing)

Never in the history of television can there have been a more unprofessional performance from those two - you’re lucky to have missed it, Philip

5 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Only able to see last night’s GP on tv, and apart from the bloody awful commentators - who added absolutely nothing to the enjoyment of the evening - this meeting will also stick in the memory for many years (God willing)

Never in the history of television can there have been a more unprofessional performance from those two - you’re lucky to have missed it, Philip

Well said. 

Totally sick of all the "whooaaas" and How close was that".

Ive heard it said that they are told by the broadcasters to make it sound exciting. Last night there was absolutely no need, the racing spoke for itself.

At last a decent GP. Last night makes you realise how dross the others have been - put these boys on a decent track and look what happens.

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Well said. 

Totally sick of all the "whooaaas" and How close was that".

Ive heard it said that they are told by the broadcasters to make it sound exciting. Last night there was absolutely no need, the racing spoke for itself.

turn the sound off for christ sake.

the Polish commentating team is far louder.

• Like 1