British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

the two do a great job

I agree.

The thing to remember is that they are both true speedway fans. Okay, they are doing a job, but they are also both human, and they also feel human emotions! Is that really such a bad thing?

Most of us reacted the same way yesterday, so I hardly feel that the commentators experiencing similar spontaneous excitement is a reason for people to claim that it ruined the whole event...

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Are you really a totally humourless individual who takes everything literally? I NEVER said I wasn't listening to the commentary, and I actually was, believe it or not...  I was having a bit of fun (apologies if you found it somewhat misleading), although a lot of their "whoas" and "wows" did coincide with my own!

If you honestly think that the event was completely devalued by the commentary, I feel sorry for you. I have always watched speedway (live or televised) for the racing, rather than the commentary. If pronunciation is that big of an issue, then I'm sure you don't remember Tony Millard...

Steve

You don't know me, and there's no need to make personal digs.

57 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

You don't know me, and there's no need to make personal digs.

Okay, I apologise, but there was no need for you to accuse me of saying something I clearly didn't...  

I will say again it was one of the best speedway meetings I have ever seen and I for one think KT and NP are out of the top drawer at what they do ,I believe  Tai has said they are the best in the world so that's some endorsement !

Just caught up with Saturday's GP at Wroclaw. Brilliant stuff. As I said about Manchester last week, we need more tracks like this. If this was the standard on offer most weeks the sport would be in a much better state all over the World. Unfortunately tracks of the equivalent of Manchester and Wroclaw seem to be the exception rather than the norm. Big . wide, relatively slick, fast throttle open tracks are the blueprint to suit modern speedway bikes. Unfortunately most tracks are historic and not of the correct size , shape or  surface material to produce the formula needed for top dollar speedway, you only have to watch the Premiership, SON or the GP to see this. Wouldn't 2 marque temporary tracks in Cardiff and Warsaw plus 8 GP's on tracks similar to NSS and Wroclaw be utopia. Sadly not possible as most of these tracks are in Poland ( Czestochowa ) for example and there are 3 their already and the NSS which won't happen because of the potential impact on Cardiff. You also   have the financial implication of who is prepared to pay. Saturday was a great advert for the sport, we need more of it.

• Like 1

Have just watch that GP, what a meeting that has to rate as the best ever from start to finish.Fantastic.

• Like 4

While he doesn’t seem too popular and takes a lot off stick, he is a serious challenger for World Champ.He done some passing tonight.

WATCHED recording this week, still brilliant but doesn't compare with being there. And confirmed view at the time that Emil, has he has done historically, chose the wrong gate. Had won twice off four, would have been out in the dirt rather than pinched on the line where he lost momentum.