British Speedway Forum

I am just glad I'm a speedway fan as we all are here, but even happier that I don't have to explain why only half the field bother with official qualifying to a casual follower, this has to be a new low ebb!

8 minutes ago, rjsj9803 said:

I am just glad I'm a speedway fan as we all are here, but even happier that I don't have to explain why only half the field bother with official qualifying to a casual follower, this has to be a new low ebb!

It`s not about bothering- they just can`t say to Grudziadz, Zielona Gora Lublin and Czestochowa that they can`t ride for them tonight. All 16 are at Malilla for the next round.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

So Tai agrees with me about Friday`s on GP weekends being sacrosanct. Now what will he and the other riders do with the Extraleague for next season ????

GO where the money is.  Simple.    Only when there is no Polish league to get in the way of Friday practise will any rider do otherwise

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

GO where the money is.  Simple.    Only when there is no Polish league to get in the way of Friday practise will any rider do otherwise

I`m not so sure- Phil Morris when interviewed i think  said not compulsory "at the moment"  We shall see what happens this winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I`m not so sure- Phil Morris when interviewed i think  said not compulsory "at the moment"  We shall see what happens this winter.

If practise is made complusorty then it could ruin the GP series.   The big money is in the Polish League surely.    Riders need to earn cash.      It would be best if the Poles worked with the GP bosses.   

I can't see why practise can't be at Noon or 1pm on the same day as the GP.      It's happened at plenty of meetings to prove it works ok

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

If practise is made complusorty then it could ruin the GP series.   The big money is in the Polish League surely.    Riders need to earn cash.      It would be best if the Poles worked with the GP bosses.   

I can't see why practise can't be at Noon or 1pm on the same day as the GP.      It's happened at plenty of meetings to prove it works ok

Why should they- plenty of non GP Friday/ Sunday`s when they can run 14 matches- after all they have nearly a month off in July for no good reason.

• Like 1

The world championship should be the most important event for the riders it's not as if the polish authorities have to run meeting s on Friday s before gps . Would be interesting to ask the riders if they would rather have a league championship medal or be crowned the world champion especially the polish riders 

riders will go where they earn most money

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

But surely being world champion gives you more clout to earn more money 

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hopefully when Woffy is on BT Sport on Monday August 12th (Wolves v Peterborough) there will be an opportunity for someone to ask him what he wants to happen with regards to GP practice and the Extraleague.

Just now, r8gdp said:

But surely being world champion gives you more clout to earn more money 

I don't know but there are 14 losers in the GP series who won't be Champion.       The new Polish TV contract is massive.   Every rider earns huge points money and sponsorship

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Hopefully when Woffy is on BT Sport on Monday August 12th (Wolves v Peterborough) there will be an opportunity for someone to ask him what he wants to happen with regards to GP practice and the Extraleague.

he can say what he likes but he won't make the final decision and, as a pro who wants to earn large money, he'll go where the money is.      He is very open opioniated but Wroclaw pay him plenty so he may be tactful for a change.

Can see what you're saying mark but could it be that the riders that go on to be world champion s have that inner drive, selfishness if you like to want it more . This year is a special year as we are going to have a different world champion it's so open I think it will go to the one who ups his game and wants it's more . For me I think Emil s just starting to move forward this year and had got the edge , probably just given him the kiss off death now lol 

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

Can see what you're saying mark but could it be that the riders that go on to be world champion s have that inner drive, selfishness if you like to want it more . This year is a special year as we are going to have a different world champion it's so open I think it will go to the one who ups his game and wants it's more . For me I think Emil s just starting to move forward this year and had got the edge , probably just given him the kiss off death now lol 

Selfishness is one thing. Earning money another. I would like to see Emil as champ.

• Like 2