British Speedway Forum

On 19 June 2019 at 8:05 PM, racers and royals said:

I haven`t  particularly enjoyed  the practice this season- my argument is that Friday nights before the GP`s  should  be sacrosanct  for the riders. The Polish Extraleague do not need to put fixtures on these dates, but think everything revolves around them !!!

Because it does....

And looking at the crowds this year at the meetings the TV companies (and more importantly maybe), the sponsors, will be delighted with their huge investment..

Regular full houses regardless of whether Friday, Saturday or Sunday, top names on view, and hard, intense close racing from first race to last...

The hard and intense standard of racing no doubt down to the money that these lads are on, the pressure to keep that position in the team that brings the riches, and the fervent tribal fan base generated in Poland..

The Speedway World now does revolve around Poland...

As those who pay the piper, calls the tune....

On 6/28/2019 at 7:15 AM, mikebv said:

Because it does....

And looking at the crowds this year at the meetings the TV companies (and more importantly maybe), the sponsors, will be delighted with their huge investment..

Regular full houses regardless of whether Friday, Saturday or Sunday, top names on view, and hard, intense close racing from first race to last...

The hard and intense standard of racing no doubt down to the money that these lads are on, the pressure to keep that position in the team that brings the riches, and the fervent tribal fan base generated in Poland..

The Speedway World now does revolve around Poland...

As those who pay the piper, calls the tune....

I agree.  The fans seem to love Friday night racing as the stadiums are packed.   If honest the riders will do too because of the financial rewards through the TV contract.    If the riders had a choice of pratice or earning a big wage packet I'd think they would take the latter.

• Like 1

An alternative to Friday night practice at Wroclaw is the Opole v Krakow fixture, starts at 5pm and only an hours train journey from Wroclaw.

1 hour ago, BrizHeathen said:

An alternative to Friday night practice at Wroclaw is the Opole v Krakow fixture, starts at 5pm and only an hours train journey from Wroclaw.

No way would i want to be anywhere near the shambles of a team that is Wanda Krakow- 75-15 will be the score !!!!

Won`t get in at Lublin without a ticket so it would be Grudziadz for me.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No way would i want to be anywhere near the shambles of a team that is Wanda Krakow- 75-15 will be the score !!!!

In my case it'll simply be a leisurely and relaxing evening around the square in Wroclaw....

Grudziadz to Wroclaw is nearly 300 miles.   Have a nice time doing the drive.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Grudziadz to Wroclaw is nearly 300 miles.   Have a nice time doing the drive.

Not sure anyone will- i will be sat at home watching the 2 Extraleague matches and then the GP qualifying(off tape). the highlight will be how they fill the hour with just 8 riders- i hope they take up my suggestion of 2 runs for each.

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

In my case it'll simply be a leisurely and relaxing evening around the square in Wroclaw....

GOOD idea. Making a rare SGP trip to this one ... was at the first one there in 1995. Times have changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GOOD idea. Making a rare SGP trip to this one ... was at the first one there in 1995. Times have changed.

the track looks great for racing so you should have a good GP.

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Opole is only just up the road, hence the choice.

8 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

Opole is only just up the road, hence the choice.

I know that- however the choice is bad. Find a sports bar in Wroclaw and watch the Extraleague would be my suggestion.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stewmac said:

13 hours ago, Mark said:

the track looks great for racing so you should have a good GP.

I'll be doing the same around the square which is a cracking place. I went to Wroclaw v Czestachowa last season (first visit to Poland) and the racing was brilliant. Inside gate was an early advantage but evened up very quickly and loads of passing. Can't wait. :t:

33 minutes ago, Shockster said:

I'll be doing the same around the square which is a cracking place. I went to Wroclaw v Czestachowa last season (first visit to Poland) and the racing was brilliant. Inside gate was an early advantage but evened up very quickly and loads of passing. Can't wait. :t:

It is indeed. 

Wroclaw is beautiful. This will be my 14th trip to Polska and I'm looking forward to it as much as any previous visit. Can't wait too!

Looking forward to my first trip to Wroclaw, I have a feeling this is the round when the series really ignites, weather looking good at the moment as well