British Speedway Forum

Thought I would start this thread to discuss the main points of the AGM, not sure of the exact date but normally around mid-November.

I’m hearing 2 clubs will be coming up from the Championship.

I’m sure I read it was at the Celtic Manor near Newport in Wales.

Main talking point has to be the removal of Chapman and Godfrey 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I’m sure I read it was at the Celtic Manor near Newport in Wales.

In the Redcar report in last week's Speedway Star it said the AGM was 'in Chepstow in early November'!!

So I would guess 9th-11th November?

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Ipswich must be one of them.

No

The AGM should have already taken place. November is far too late. Mid July would be far better as teams can then plan in advance and riders/fans will know what the ream is/rules are well in advance. If any issues come up they can ve sorted well before the season starts.

With BT Sports very happy with speedway as a product the BSPA need to get some money for their product. £13,000 a year per club is an insult.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If any issues come up they can ve sorted well before the season starts.

Better than "sorting" them the day before the grand final :lol:

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

No

The way Chris Louis was talking, i thought they were up for it.

Not holding much hope, buster said the product is fine and rossiter says it critical, and a few rats are wanting to jump a sinking ship , some publicly some not 

Chris Louis said Ipswich will go up when the time is right, will that be this time?

Here's some old news from this time in 1987:

Mildenhall Chairman Bob Steward has accused fellow NL promoters of holding back the sport and failing to sell it to sponsors, the public and the media. He describes how, after months of crying poverty and appealing for money to keep their respective tracks in business, the National League decides to hold its annual conference in the Canary Islands for a week, with the outcome that everyone patted each other on the back for their efforts. Steward believes the sport should be looking for a Barry Hearn-type character to sell speedway.

It could so easily be today.

• Like 2

The promoters will never relinquish their power to an outside agency. They would rather let the sport die, than give up their little empire.