British Speedway Forum

Remember we might well have visa issues with UKBA when we finally leave the EU, has the BSPA thought about that one, its something thats out of there hands at the BSPA..

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I've seen others mention it on twitter...? Maybe based on a media article somewhere.

Ged Rathbone said it on the PA at the final meeting. 

Speed way has never made a serious attempt at automatic promotion and relegation ,so why not try it now? It's recognised that there isn't the massive difference in standards between the Premier and Championship Leagues that there used to be . The 1st division ( Premier League) could be the existing 7 teams plus the top 3 from the Championship and the 2nd division(Championship League) could add 2 teams from the National League or elsewhere. Promotion and relegation would be the top2 teams up with the bottom 2 relegated. This is assuming that all this years teams still run.

The season would open ,as suggested ,with a regionalised competition  involving mixing all teams and the end of the season with a Ko cup likewise.

This would mean that doubling up would have to end and if the scourge of guests persisted ,then they would come from the opposite league and not their own.

• Like 1

SPECIAL pre-AGM edition of Speedway Star next week ... plenty of fans voicing their opinions about the way ahead for British speedway.

• Like 1

Three leagues. First level about 10% stronger than 2018 CL. Second tier about 20% weaker than 2018 CL. Ideally 10 clubs per league with 36 match programme. No break during World Cup and no "Shield" competition. Promotion and relegation but "moving up club" can decline it. Doubling up limited to 2 riders per club, but only the two with lowest averages in initial team declaration, and to be drawn from the league/s below. Third league as now a development league, strictly cost controlled and with very low initial  team building points limit.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I've seen others mention it on twitter...? Maybe based on a media article somewhere.

I can't find any confirmation that they will run. The 100 club is being closed(from club website)

Peterborough Telegraph reporting that Messrs Rathbone and Watson are going to the AGM.

I think there is a rule about promotions that come to an end having to go to the AGM for some reason. However, my memory fails me on what that reason is.

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I can't find any confirmation that they will run. The 100 club is being closed(from club website)

Peterborough Telegraph reporting that Messrs Rathbone and Watson are going to the AGM.

I think there is a rule about promotions that come to an end having to go to the AGM for some reason. However, my memory fails me on what that reason is.

Peterborough will race in 2019

We are

The 2018 AGM brings the 2018 season to a close, then opens the 2019 season

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

We are

Thanks very much, Neil. Succinct and to the point.

Tells us everything.

The first line is the most important. Glad to read that.

Would be sad to lose the Panthers who I watched frequently when living in East Anglia,. 

Just loved the Pink Panther!!!

Best wishes for the future.

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

The first morning is all about closing the current season down with all teams in attendance, and if they are not they will be fined  £1000. I remember one meeting in the early 00's in Lanzarote that, due to John Perrin not liking flying, that George Carslake had to fly in from America/Canada where he had a dental business. If you stay after lunch you are deemed to be running the following year.

41 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The first morning is all about closing the current season down with all teams in attendance. If you stay after lunch you are deemed to be running the following year.

It’s a bit like the old kid tv programme “runaround” with mike read but not as well organised 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The first morning is all about closing the current season down with all teams in attendance. If you stay after lunch you are deemed to be running the following year.

Big decisions to be made by several then.....stay for the sandwiches but leave before cake or leave before sandwiches and remove any risk of being deemed present after lunch

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The first morning is all about closing the current season down with all teams in attendance, and if they are not they will be fined  £1000. I remember one meeting in the early 00's in Lanzarote that, due to John Perrin not liking flying, that George Carslake had to fly in from America/Canada where he had a dental business. If you stay after lunch you are deemed to be running the following year.

Thanks for the information.

22 hours ago, Noodles said:

Do you mean Premiership? How do you know this?

If reality then it'll be one of those worst kept secrets that those who think that they are in the know skirt around before it's made public. However, we as Panthers fans are more aware than most that there is many a slip between the BSPA AGM emblazoned cup and lip.

• Haha 1

I think the first morning will be like a market with promoters, who are trying to sell their clubs, all standing behind suitcases having donned sheepskin coats and cloth caps shouting at the passing punters in broad cockney accents .... 'I'm not asking 20,000 I'm not even asking 10,000' etc etc!!B) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

We are

Excellent news as it is unthinkable that such a good track would be lost to Speedway

• Like 2