British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, foamfence said:

You "guess." Well she did say that she'd bought him it.

To be fair to the Harris's she did say on Twitter that as she works for JLR they got it on some kind of employee lease scheme, she mentioned it on there because ill informed people were trolling them for it.

Having said that Chris does need to wake up and smell the coffee, like most riders he's not as good as he thinks he is and don't get me wrong as a Cov fan I love him to bits but I'm also honest in my appraisal of riders.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

I note that on Saturday, Chepstow racecourse (which is where I'm guessing the AGM is taking place) is due to host some kind of mud-wrestling event. If the promoters haven't agreed things by then via talking, well they could always decide them in a different way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, the bananas are placed on the tables ready but is there anything anywhere that suggests the monkey meeting is actually happening today??

3 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Yup........and at least we can be assured (because speedway is such an honest, up front game) that there would be absolutely no chance of race fixing........LOL

Have always disagreed with betting in speedway as it is so up for fixing, maybe someone is getting plenty of money out of it perhaps .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, the bananas are placed on the tables ready but is there anything anywhere that suggests the monkey meeting is actually happening today??

Day 1 is usually to conclude this year's business, accounts and any outstanding payments between clubs etc and to get as clear as possible idea of which clubs will run in 2019.

Days 2 and 3 are for formulating league structures, averages and any rule tinkering for 2019 (and beyond?!).

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

If betting draws in the punters and earns money why not. If a rider is found to be bent then they can face the punishment like the cricketers do. If something looks fishy suspend betting. I think it’s a great idea and may allow admission prices to fall too if it works out. A day at the speedway could be a more pc version of a day at the dogs

5 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

If betting draws in the punters and earns money why not. If a rider is found to be bent then they can face the punishment like the cricketers do. If something looks fishy suspend betting. I think it’s a great idea and may allow admission prices to fall too if it works out. A day at the speedway could be a more pc version of a day at the dogs

Agree, Speedway is no more susceptible to betting fraud than an other sport in the World

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Day 1 is usually to conclude this year's business, accounts and any outstanding payments between clubs etc and to get as clear as possible idea of which clubs will run in 2019.

Days 2 and 3 are for formulating league structures, averages and any rule tinkering for 2019 (and beyond?!).

Can never understand the powers that be who run the sport.

Many have said we are at a watershed moment in the sport and this could be one of the most important AGM's in determining which way the sport goes in UK. I find it incredible that the SGB site is only  too keen to mention it has doubled its Twitter followers and that its only ??? until the sport returns in March yet NOTHING mentioned about this very important AGM starting today.

One would have thought in the very least they should be all over twitter mentioning one of the most important AGM's ever to have taken place in the sport was kicking off today. Also making most of social media to say they would update twitter/facebook immediately news flowed out of the AGM as to whom may be continuing in the sport in 2019 and informing us the poor mushrooms that we would be kept updated as to any news as it happens on any changes to league format/team points limits and anything else that would keep fans regualary checking the site for updates.

Maybe it just shows the ignorance of the BSPA that they choose to keep all in the dark even to the degree of not even mentioning arguably the most important AGM in the sports recent history. Like do they think that thousands would be descending upon Chepstow in protest or to try and influence the meeting ??

To me it would make sense to keep fans informed in order that general interest can be kept throughout the 3 day meeting process. Yes we can wait until its all done and dusted and get one big version but that's hardly utilising modern media to its full potential.

Incredible to think that POL transfer window closes in 2 days and Sweden almost completed their teams, yet we sit hear with nothing but news about clubs closing or promoters looking to sell up or clubs needing major cash injections if they a re to continue in 2019.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

Okay with warning  stop lights then like on a car.  Solved. :D

Recall Melvyn Taylor suggesting after a particular dusty meeting at Smallmead (and I saw a few of those!) that he would have felt safer having fog lamps placed on the back of his bike to stop people from running into him!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Many have said we are at a watershed moment in the sport and this could be one of the most important AGM's in determining which way the sport goes in UK. I find it incredible that the SGB site is only  too keen to mention it has doubled its Twitter followers and that its only ??? until the sport returns in March yet NOTHING mentioned about this very important AGM starting today.

One would have thought in the very least they should be all over twitter mentioning one of the most important AGM's ever to have taken place in the sport was kicking off today. Also making most of social media to say they would update twitter/facebook immediately news flowed out of the AGM as to whom may be continuing in the sport in 2019 and informing us the poor mushrooms that we would be kept updated as to any news as it happens on any changes to league format/team points limits and anything else that would keep fans regualary checking the site for updates.

Maybe it just shows the ignorance of the BSPA that they choose to keep all in the dark even to the degree of not even mentioning arguably the most important AGM in the sports recent history. Like do they think that thousands would be descending upon Chepstow in protest or to try and influence the meeting ??

To me it would make sense to keep fans informed in order that general interest can be kept throughout the 3 day meeting process. Yes we can wait until its all done and dusted and get one big version but that's hardly utilising modern media to its full potential.

Incredible to think that POL transfer window closes in 2 days and Sweden almost completed their teams, yet we sit hear with nothing but news about clubs closing or promoters looking to sell up or clubs needing major cash injections if they a re to continue in 2019.

But they claim that the Agm is the most important ever and a watershed moment for quite a few years now, so no one believes them anymore and just hope that any changes they make actually are for the benefit of the fans and the future of the sport rather than just the benefit for a couple of clubs or promoters.    

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

But they claim that the Agm is the most important ever and a watershed moment for quite a few years now, so no one believes them anymore and just hope that any changes they make actually are for the benefit of the fans and the future of the sport rather than just the benefit for a couple of clubs or promoters.    

Come Wednesday evening we all be saying what was that all about again hope im wrong :o 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

Come Wednesday evening we all be saying what was that all about again hope im wrong :o 

Yep, all you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best!

Hearing that one huge decision has been taking today, after much debate the BSPA decided to ditch the Custard Creams they have had for years with their morning coffee in favour of Chocolate Hob-Nobs.

Revolution is in the air.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

The majority of them don't see anything wrong with the sport  ,a little tinker with the rules should see it Ok for another season, and make up the rest as they go along.