British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You read things and think: that is a wind up. But....truth is stranger than fiction.

Buster has bought Ipswich.

Weren't Ipswich one of the few that weren't actually for sale?!!  :blink:

2 NL teams to go up to the Championship?!  Who is that going to be - Birmingham plus.......?

Just now, Skidder1 said:

2 NL teams to go up to the Championship?!  Who is that going to be - Birmingham plus.......?

Kent ?

Eastbourne ?

10 minutes ago, screm said:

Kent ?

Eastbourne ?

Birmingham have already mentioned it as a possibility. Could be Kent because they may pick up some with Lakeside closing.

I'll be very surprised if its Eastbourne. They only other is Plymouth, Mark Phillips having talked about it. 

Its easy to be negative here but all clubs - with the exception of Lakeside - are coming to the tapes in 2019. Given the rumours and speculation, that's welcome news. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Dear BSPA, 

I have watch speedway regularly since 1958 at Wimbledon, West Ham, New Cross, Hackney, Crayford, Romford, Rye House, Arena Essex and Skegness. I am now back living in London which maybe you have not noticed is the CAPITAL of both England and the UK. Without a car how do I support this wonderful sport? 

Yours

One very upset former supporter, who would still be a supporter if there was a track in London. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Birmingham have already mentioned it as a possibility. Could be Kent because they may pick up some with Lakeside closing.

I'll be very surprised if its Eastbourne. They only other is Plymouth, Mark Phillips having talked about it. 

Its easy to be negative here but all clubs - with the exception of Lakeside - are coming to the tapes in 2019. Given the rumours and speculation, that's welcome news. 

Unless there has been a change of mood from the Courtney brothers, or a new buyer has been found I would guess there is still a question over Berwick and maybe one or two more.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Unless there has been a change of mood from the Courtney brothers, or a new buyer has been found I would guess there is still a question over Berwick and maybe one or two more.

Is it the case that they have said that if there is no buyer the track will close ?  Or will they carry on anyway ?

46 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Allegedly Worky to confirm running in Jan/ Feb 2019.

Hope to god this anit true if so we goner have a crap team as most of the best riders will be signed by then 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Might impact the NL with such a low Championship level?

Presume done to encourage the two teams up?

I would imagine Championship clubs will be looking to the NL for riders rather than go towards the Premiership with a 1.5 conversion rate..?

And could it possibly move the NL more towards its 'true vocation' as a training league..?

The rumours of a 32-point limit in the NL could be coming true.

49 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Weren't Ipswich one of the few that weren't actually for sale?!!  :blink:

Been a possibility for a couple of years or so - although the purchaser is not the one most wouldve expected!

• Like 2

Premiership League – Commencing April 2019
• Minimum rider points average of 3 ‘achieved’ and not assessed
so if a rider cannot have an assessed average.... that means no newcomers can be signed as the likes of say Lidsey, Drabik or Becker would come in on an assessed ave, the same goes for Drew Kemp. :blink:

Managed decline, isn't it? 7 top tier teams and probably 9 or ten home meetings in the championship. There's nothing I can say as positive there for league speedway, and I try to be a glass half full kind of guy.

Increased individual (international) meetings seems to be the only benefit.  However, nothing I can do about it and I'll continue to enjoy speedway until it's over (and I'd give it a fair few years at part time level. Strange how it seems quite popular on the TV right enough.

Surprised they didnt get an 8 team top-flight....and shocked to see both Leicester and Somerset dropping.

Seems like a change of night for the Bears, probably to a Friday - which have been reasonably popular.

And two teams up, Birmingham and ? Hope it is Kent, like to see new teams...shame nobody has stepped up at Rye House with a track ready to use. 

6 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Premiership League – Commencing April 2019
• Minimum rider points average of 3 ‘achieved’ and not assessed
so if a rider cannot have an assessed average.... that means no newcomers can be signed as the likes of say Lidsey, Drabik or Becker would come in on an assessed ave, the same goes for Drew Kemp. :blink:

I think (hope) that's an usually badly worded statement.  I am sure the intention was something different