British Speedway Forum

This week`s purchases by Buster remind me very much of the scenario Terry Russell faced when he was chairman and  purchased (or invested in) clubs just so the top league could meet the minimum number of teams for the  TV contract

Just now, racers and royals said:

This week`s purchases by Buster remind me very much of the scenario Terry Russell faced when he was chairman and  purchased (or invested in) clubs just so the top league could meet the minimum number of teams for the  TV contract

Protecting his share but, R & R. :D

Just now, racers and royals said:

A bit the Mike Parker and his cronies having their fingers in serval pies back in the day 

Perhaps Chapman is trying to become speedways Barry Herne.

Buy all the top clubs and then you can control everything.

The man is a genius and welcome to the exciting new era of Busters Speedway Promotions Alliance. 

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

So basically, Chapman has bought into Peterborough & Ipswich to ensure the so called top league can still run ?

sums it up perfectly, instead of just coming up with a new blueprint for speedway in this country.

3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Dear BSPA, 

I have watch speedway regularly since 1958 at Wimbledon, West Ham, New Cross, Hackney, Crayford, Romford, Rye House, Arena Essex and Skegness. I am now back living in London which maybe you have not noticed is the CAPITAL of both England and the UK. Without a car how do I support this wonderful sport? 

Yours

One very upset former supporter, who would still be a supporter if there was a track in London. 

Have you ever considered yourself to be a bit of a jinx ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Now well and truly the boss of bosses, Rathbone and Louis  now in Mafia terms "Made Men"

Whatever happened to the 'excess travelling" problem.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Whatever happened to the 'excess travelling" problem.

Just what I said on another forum

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Have you ever considered yourself to be a bit of a jinx ?

Thanks, I am depressed enough without being told it is my fault! 

2 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Thanks, I am depressed enough without being told it is my fault! 

Only having a giggle

I'm sure you know that

1 more club for Buster to buy and that's 4 out of 7. Makes the votes of the remaining 3 pointless as and when required 

Edited by Rico

With the reworking of the conversion ratio will there be a reset of averages for doubling down (note this is the wording now used and not doubling up)

Will old Championship averages be abandoned for those who currently have both?

That combined with the reduction to a 38 point team total in the Championship would go a long way to reducing the number involved

1 minute ago, Rico said:

1 more club for Buster to buy and that's 4 out of 7. Makes the votes of the remaining 3 pointless as and when required 

Poole ? :);)

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Only having a giggle

I'm sure you know that

Yes, I know that but so depressed that I am getting upset about everything. 

Speedway and Stock Car racing have been my life and having retired they are no longer very easy to get to. Speedway due to a lack of tracks near London and Stock Cars due to being infested by Bangers that I hate. 

I really am going to have to consider getting a car but having not driven for fifteen years I am not sure it is a good idea. Totally depressed.