British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

I'd guess actual average between 2 and 3 and assessed 2 below that.

Thats what i suspected but as usual no actual rules defined (shock horror)

And so the doubling up begins, for me very few positives have come out of this years agm, it’s just carry on the same ,truly have had enough of british speedway, only went to around 10 meetings in Britain last season, think it will be less next year 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

And so the doubling up begins, for me very few positives have come out of this years agm, it’s just carry on the same ,truly have had enough of british speedway, only went to around 10 meetings in Britain last season, think it will be less next year 

That's the thing, the rules are there to cut doubling up but they've been ignored and just continued with using existing Championship averages.

Don't understand why you'd create such a conversion rate, which increases year on year but allow rider's to maintain existing averages, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, the rules are there to cut doubling up but they've been ignored and just continued with using existing Championship averages.

Don't understand why you'd create such a conversion rate, which increases year on year but allow rider's to maintain existing averages, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

I don’t really understand the rules anymore 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

When you begin losing the urge to keep up with the rules, you tend to gradually lose interest.

I recall one time at Belle Vue, stood on the terraces, about 2004 when this guy next to me asked when a Golden Double could be deployed in the match or something like that. I was stuck. Me, a fan of 30-odd years, couldn't keep track of what was going on with the continuous tinkerings at the AGMs. Reading the forums now about converting averages of certain riders, the same. You can just lose the will to keep up with things.

The racing can be brilliant, but you have to keep track and have the appetite to keep up with the rules. If a rule is good in the first place, why change it?    

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Neither do those who come up with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the AGM it was admitted what a terrible thing all the double-up, double-down was for G.B. speedway, so what action has been taken by Buster & co. ltd. ? 

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

At the AGM it was admitted what a terrible thing all the double-up, double-down was for G.B. speedway, so what action has been taken by Buster & co. ltd. ? 

5 year plan to gradually phase out doubling up .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

In other words nothing 

20 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

In other words nothing 

Can’t remember the details , something like gradually increasing the loading (?) on riders doubling up.

• Like 1

Things that should have been done years ago are slowly getting through to promoters!, 

but many fans have long since left disillusioned by the sport.

Edited by topaz325

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

By also insisting on the set race nights, doubling up will still exist but the nights that they double up will not be in conflict. That is in addition to your point that the league conversation rate would make it less attractive.

45 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Can’t remember the details , something like gradually increasing the loading (?) on riders doubling up.

All it means at the moment is the top league will get new 2nd tier riders on lower averages as the conversion increases

No existing riders will be affected whilst they continue in both leagues as the averages for each level are retained (Harris has a lower average in the Premiership than the Championship)

It will make it harder for any top tier riders not currently doubling down to do so - but realistically who that isnt already is likely to want to

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

All it means at the moment is the top league will get new 2nd tier riders on lower averages as the conversion increases

No existing riders will be affected whilst they continue in both leagues as the averages for each level are retained (Harris has a lower average in the Premiership than the Championship)

It will make it harder for any top tier riders not currently doubling down to do so - but realistically who that isnt already is likely to want to

No he doesn't - not after the Rye House adjustments.  Poole 7.78; Glasgow 7.71.  Just check the 'final' averages on the BSPA website

Edited by Skidder1