British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington. Knockout Cup Final 1st Leg

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Keep dangling that rod IronScorpion you will get a bite eventually LOL

Regards
THJ

B I T E ... B I T E .... B I T E  ...ook , line and stinker L.O.L. 

Edgards J . 

I wouldn't use Howarth, he hasn't been good this year. Jorgensen, charles wright or richie Worral would be better option.

2 others spring to mind in Aarnio & Summers (Aarnio also guesting for Kings Lynn this week - keeping sharp)

with the 5% added on to Josh's Average at home  (8.36 + 5% = 8.78) i'd go for Ricky Wells (8.40).

Edited by Fozzie4388

it could be too late for that . maybe .

Ricky was rumoured to have gone back home on the PL Play Offs threads & a reason why he wasn't chosen. I was surprised to see him in the line ups & racing on Sunday. He might still be available.

38 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

2 others spring to mind in Aarnio & Summers (Aarnio also guesting for Kings Lynn this week - keeping sharp)

Sure I have just read somewhere that Arron S is injured (could be wrong but he could be missing from Somersets meetings)

Regards
THJ

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

with the 5% added on to Josh's Average at home  (8.36 + 5% = 8.78) i'd go for Ricky Wells (8.40).

maybe not such a good idea,  heard Wells say on the Mike on Saturday that he wouldn't have guested for Peterboro at Scunthorpe,  probably because Scunny is a racers track and not a gate and go track. 

12 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

maybe not such a good idea,  heard Wells say on the Mike on Saturday that he wouldn't have guested for Peterboro at Scunthorpe,  probably because Scunny is a racers track and not a gate and go track. 

You more then likely heard him say he couldn't guest at Scunny rather then wouldn't. For the same reason he wouldn't be able to guest at Workington for Scunthorpe but can guest at Scunthorpe the 5% rule. He guested for Nicholls (8.35) so can only guest at home

Guest WTF1
37 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

You more then likely heard him say he couldn't guest at Scunny rather then wouldn't. For the same reason he wouldn't be able to guest at Workington for Scunthorpe but can guest at Scunthorpe the 5% rule. He guested for Nicholls (8.35) so can only guest at home

Now youv'e got me wondering what I heard,  stop trying to confuse an old git lol, time for my tablets and medicine and have a lie down in a darkened room, mind you I would still rather have Aarnio on Sunday,  just an opinion of a deluded old man

13 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Now youv'e got me wondering what I heard,  stop trying to confuse an old git lol, time for my tablets and medicine and have a lie down in a darkened room, mind you I would still rather have Aarnio on Sunday,  just an opinion of a deluded old man

That's what this place is for opinions :)

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

At least the Wucky fans knew what Tosh was trying to say in the Workington have meetings on Friday & Saturday  but just got them wrong way round. Probably thought Workington would get their way & ride on their "main" "alternative" night first.

Now awaiting replies or likes from the "sister witches" or "scarra".:rolleyes:

See you soon, weather permitting, on the 26th, 27th or 28th. :t:

Ohhh in amongst all that bickering with the tiggers, almost forgot about the delightful scorpions!  Probably staging one of our 3 finals those dates but you lot will be free any week eh?? 

Unless you’re staging ‘A night with Rob Godfrey’ wouldn’t miss that for the world!!! 

:rolleyes: very tasty bite that was indeed, 5 stars on tripadvisor :wink:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

Ohhh in amongst all that bickering with the tiggers, almost forgot about the delightful scorpions!  Probably staging one of our 3 finals those dates but you lot will be free any week eh?? 

Unless you’re staging ‘A night with Rob Godfrey’ wouldn’t miss that for the world!!! 

:rolleyes: very tasty bite that was indeed, 5 stars on tripadvisor :wink:

This weekend(Friday & Saturday) is your Shield Final then next weekend should be your 2nd & 3rd. Just let us know when you have your guests sorted & dates so we can book in at Premier Inn or Travelodge. We bow to your needs!

23 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

This weekend(Friday & Saturday) is your Shield Final then next weekend should be your 2nd & 3rd. Just let us know when you have your guests sorted & dates so we can book in at Premier Inn or Travelodge. We bow to your needs!

Oh dear IronScorpion I thought the first rule of the "Wind Up" was not to bite back

Think WorkyWorky got a "Laal nibble" there mind (as they would say in Cumbria)

However if you are thinking of coming over for the 2nd leg The Waverley Hotel on Gordon St, Workington CA14 2EN Phone: 01900 603246 is a 5 minute walk away to Derwent Park and just about right in the middle of Workington. However the new Premier Inn on Egremont Road, Cockermouth CA13 0QX  Phone: 0871 622 2327 is very (very) nice and less than a year old in a lovely spot and only about a 10/15 minute drive away to the stadium. (and being a fat lad I can recommend the food, and the drink selection as well, its like a laal part of Europe a sort of Costa del Cumbria if the sun is out) (Yeah!!!)

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

I am after my own bites :rolleyes: but people not playing ball. :rolleyes:

I am aware of the Waverley as I have it on favourites in my Speedway folder & family & friends are booked in at the Premier Inn for a wedding just before Xmas. ( just hoping A66 is not closed at the time)

• Like 1