British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington. Knockout Cup Final 1st Leg

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

This weekend(Friday & Saturday) is your Shield Final then next weekend should be your 2nd & 3rd. Just let us know when you have your guests sorted & dates so we can book in at Premier Inn or Travelodge. We bow to your needs!

Guests may not be required fingers crossed! 

If no room at the inn with the suggestions given by THJ; there is a great big oval shaped concrete structure behind Tesco with plenty of room, even comes with large air cushioned blanket and check in usually starts around 6/6.30pm :D 

Safe travels, and may the best team win :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, HerniaWise said:

maybe not such a good idea,  heard Wells say on the Mike on Saturday that he wouldn't have guested for Peterboro at Scunthorpe,  probably because Scunny is a racers track and not a gate and go track. 

I heard him say that. I said to my friend " that's because he'd have to race!. 

4 hours ago, scaramanga said:

a66 might be open but if its free of roadworks that's something else 

The A66 roadworks is a MASSIVE obstacle to those intending to go to Scunthorpe or return from Scunthorpe at the weekend !

I believe that the A66 is closed in its entirety between Penrith and Brough at the weekends. And if you add to that the fact that Junction 40 of the M6, where the A66 from Scotch Corner meets it at Penrith, is completely closed after 10pm each night, then you have big big problem in getting home from, or getting TO Scunthorpe !  It seems that the advisory diversion during the day is via M62/M61/M6/A66.  But after 10pm at night,  you cant access the A66 from the M6 junction 40 !

It might well be advisable to check the highways authorities for the exact situation, but these sites arent always reliable.

27 minutes ago, June said:

I heard him say that. I said to my friend " that's because he'd have to race!. 

looks like he is going to have to race then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

The A66 roadworks is a MASSIVE obstacle to those intending to go to Scunthorpe or return from Scunthorpe at the weekend !

I believe that the A66 is closed in its entirety between Penrith and Brough at the weekends. And if you add to that the fact that Junction 40 of the M6, where the A66 from Scotch Corner meets it at Penrith, is completely closed after 10pm each night, then you have big big problem in getting home from, or getting TO Scunthorpe !  It seems that the advisory diversion during the day is via M62/M61/M6/A66.  But after 10pm at night,  you cant access the A66 from the M6 junction 40 !

It might well be advisable to check the highways authorities for the exact situation, but these sites arent always reliable.

Theirs a diversion on side roads from just past Appleby for locals to use, if jct 40 closed use jct 41 and travel via greystoke to A66, easy peasy if you know wagon drivers :)

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, HerniaWise said:

maybe not such a good idea,  heard Wells say on the Mike on Saturday that he wouldn't have guested for Peterboro at Scunthorpe,   

Riders will always say what fans want to hear as you would not have expected him to say "Scunthorpe had already booked Howarth so Peterborough was my next option to earn money.

It is exactly the same year after year fans ask riders if they are coming back. What do you expect them to say? Sorry, I've had better offers to go elsewhere!

Guest WTF1
7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Riders will always say what fans want to hear as you would not have expected him to say "Scunthorpe had already booked Howarth so Peterborough was my next option to earn money.

It is exactly the same year after year fans ask riders if they are coming back. What do you expect them to say? Sorry, I've had better offers to go elsewhere!

Think my point was that Wells is far happier on the superslick gate and go tracks (he got a right flier at Peterborough in the last heat on Saturday,  should have been brought back) rather than Scunny's racer track. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, IronScorpion said:

This weekend(Friday & Saturday) is your Shield Final then next weekend should be your 2nd & 3rd. Just let us know when you have your guests sorted & dates so we can book in at Premier Inn or Travelodge. We bow to your needs!

Thursday 25th 7.30 get yer hotel booked

5 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Think my point was that Wells is far happier on the superslick gate and go tracks (he got a right flier at Peterborough in the last heat on Saturday,  should have been brought back) rather than Scunny's racer track. 

Edinburgh is hardly slick.... To be fair you don't get to an 8plus average just liking slick tracks... Wells is a good rider.. Very professional to

Alot could learn alot from him actually 

• Like 1

anyone know why Jake Allen is not riding for Somerset tonight as Cory Garcia guests for him

Worrying as if he's missing tomorrow it will only be R/R I think with Garrity and the two reserves to take  his rides 

advantage Workingon

7 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

anyone know why Jake Allen is not riding for Somerset tonight as Cory Garcia guests for him

Worrying as if he's missing tomorrow it will only be R/R I think with Garrity and the two reserves to take  his rides 

advantage Workingon

Tomorrow? Don't turn up tomorrow you might get a bit lonely. Try Sunday 5pm though. But yes it is worrying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

advantage Workingon

According to updates Allen crashed and injured last night but carried on.