British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington. Knockout Cup Final 1st Leg

4 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Cheers for that but I was thinking more of the local press in their reports, don't think they've ever been in, probably cos they're not told.

Liam Waite who does the reporting for the local papers will usually talk to Jacko or Laura after the meeting for a quick comment but neither of those two will have crowd information straight after the meeting and the match report goes off PDQ to meet deadlines following the meeting too, so I doubt if it is anything will-full . However if you want crowd numbers; and as I usually get them, come in the bar after any meeting and give me a shout; I will always share what I know.

One sad thing was if the Comets match against Lakeside had gone ahead on the Saturday night as planed Liam had said they would not only have had the full back page but the Comets would have been front page headlines as well, that rain really stymied what could have been some great publicity for the club. You know that rain what wasn't predicted anywhere not on anyone's phone app not on the BBC or the usually accurate XC Weather, what a bummer and it just sums up the season really.

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Liam Waite who does the reporting for the local papers will usually talk to Jacko or Laura after the meeting for a quick comment but neither of those two will have crowd information straight after the meeting and the match report goes off PDQ to meet deadlines following the meeting too, so I doubt if it is anything will-full . However if you want crowd numbers; and as I usually get them, come in the bar after any meeting and give me a shout; I will always share what I know.

One sad thing was if the Comets match against Lakeside had gone ahead on the Saturday night as planed Liam had said they would not only have had the full back page but the Comets would have been front page headlines as well, that rain really stymied what could have been some great publicity for the club. You know that rain what wasn't predicted anywhere not on anyone's phone app not on the BBC or the usually accurate XC Weather, what a bummer and it just sums up the season really.

Regards
THJ

How do I make this contact?   Will you be recognised by wearing a rose in your lapel?

Let's hope the weather behaves for rest of month.....

9 hours ago, singy13 said:

How do I make this contact?   Will you be recognised by wearing a rose in your lapel?

Let's hope the weather behaves for rest of month.....

Ask the girls who do the 50/50 draw they will point me out.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Taylorj said:

No chance was there 700 on Sunday !

i reckon 500 is a generous figure too, quite surprised by the size of the crowd given it was the last meeting, and a cup final too.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Thanks THJ, good info for us all, cheers.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Campton was under the impression that it was a top 3 he needed to qualify so top 4 even better and chatting to his dad in Oz on Sunday all he was concerned about was the extra travelling he was going to have to put in going to the other State Championships and I must have misunderstood (as ever) as I thought Campton would miss his home championship and only had three left to get a visa sorted but still 4  meetings and a home one to boot (mere bagatelle for a man of his talents) thanks for the info

Regards
THJ

I believe he finished fourth one year under the impression that would suffice (“I thought I was sweet!”) only to find out afterwards it was top three! Don’t know if it’s changed again subsequently, but obviously academic now after that state second place did the trick.

• Like 1