Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington. Knockout Cup Final 1st Leg

he will be okay for tomorrow . its the 21st you need to worry about .

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

anyone know why Jake Allen is not riding for Somerset tonight as Cory Garcia guests for him

Worrying as if he's missing tomorrow it will only be R/R I think with Garrity and the two reserves to take  his rides 

advantage Workingon

1 hour ago, jenga said:

he will be okay for tomorrow . its the 21st you need to worry about .

52 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

One bell end

. i am just glad i am one bell end who can work out dates and times . 

so thats Sunday, 21st ..  , tapes up @ 5.00 pm .

B.T.W.  its spelt WORKINGTON not wirkingon , you missed out the T . oh no you did not. its on here . cheers . 

please try and be nice , thats all we ask .

• Haha 1

Guest WTF1

Now confirmed that Ricky Wells is the guest for Scunny on Sunday for the KO cup final and Iv'e no problem with that but it does highlight speedway's ridiculous guest riders system,  last Saturday I was at Peterborough with Wells trying to stop Scunny reaching the final,  this Sunday Wells is riding for Scunny trying to win the ko cup for us, surely a rule should be implemented where you can only guest for 1 club in the KO cup and when your club is out of it ,or am I just being too sensible. 

I'm hearing that a race formula is being considered where some team members don'trace their opposite number so that only one guest is required for the meeting and he can ride for both teams. It's so that Ricky Wells and Adam Ellis don't have to race against themselves next year and they can ride for both teams in the playoffs, TV will love it!

5 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Now confirmed that Ricky Wells is the guest for Scunny on Sunday for the KO cup final and Iv'e no problem with that but it does highlight speedway's ridiculous guest riders system,  last Saturday I was at Peterborough with Wells trying to stop Scunny reaching the final,  this Sunday Wells is riding for Scunny trying to win the ko cup for us, surely a rule should be implemented where you can only guest for 1 club in the KO cup and when your club is out of it ,or am I just being too sensible. 

I know nothing of the complexity of the rules and averages (female) but Rickys ave is higher than Autys according to the BSPA website so how is he able to guest ?

Edited by Liz !!!

5 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

therefore de valueing the product further when you cant get a suitable guest?

sadly the nature of speedway is you will need guest riders at some point throughout the season and its is up to teams to get the strongest guest they can as the nature of the game is to win

i cant see an alternative,although is seems wrong as you pointed out  its is also right that Scunny[in this instance] have the best best guest to replace someone who,around the EWR is actaully unreplaceable     ...Auty

4 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

I kow nothing of the complexity of the rules and averages (female) but Rickys ave is higher than Autys according to the BSPA website so how is he able to guest ?

because the owner of Scunthorpe is vice-chairman of the BSPA  and according the this forum this gives us the right to do what we like when it comes to team selections and guests

last i heard actaully next year we will be building to 57 point average where as the rest will have 36 points a 6 riders;)

6 minutes ago, montie said:

because the owner of Scunthorpe is vice-chairman of the BSPA  and according the this forum this gives us the right to do what we like when it comes to team selections and guests

last i heard actaully next year we will be building to 57 point average where as the rest will have 36 points a 6 riders;)

I was kind of hoping for a real reason rather than just what others might be thinking is the reason, ah well never mind !

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

I know nothing of the complexity of the rules and averages (female) but Rickys ave is higher than Autys according to the BSPA website so how is he able to guest ?

Auty 8.36 +5% extra home allowance takes it up to 8.78 ( shows next column in averages) Therfore Wells 8.40 is allowed. 5% is only used for the home team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iand said:

Auty 8.36 +5% extra home allowance takes it up to 8.78 ( shows next column in averages) Therfore Wells 8.40 is allowed. 5% is only used for the home team.

Thank you for the sensible reply and not a single mention of a dodgy promotor, I was looking at the wrong average column, no wonder no one understands any of it :S

Edited by Liz !!!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, montie said:

Brilliant! lol....Trust you to come out with that. I do think poor Rob gets blamed for everything. Ive just read on comptr news " Snow and cold weather to come from the weekend". Rob will no doubt get blamed for that too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, montie said:

So you will have 6 riders with 9.50 av. each........................gonna be some sting in that tail.

• Like 1

i am hearing tero is guesring for worky @ worky v lakeside in place of ty who was injured @ lakeside last night .  so does  that make the 7/8 day  rule impossible for him to guest for scunny .

not sure whats going on ..

Edited by jenga