British Speedway Forum
iainb

Best Race Suit Ever?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, iainb said:

I seem to recall Preben Eriksen had a nice set of orange leathers... And an even better van :lol:

Didn't Preben Eriksen have "Lose wieght (sic) now, ask me how" written on his backside?

Think Eriksen was sponsored by some energy / health product at that time, he certainly did have a memorable design on his van at that time though.  I recall Hans Nielsen had a set of (none more) black leathers with the Danish flag across the shoulders and back that were stolen and at the practice of one World Champs meet at White City (1980?) he was seen wearing a set borrowed from Bruce Penhall...

Edited by martinmauger
spelling, sigh.

33 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Think Eriksen was sponsored by some energy / health product at that time, he certainly did have a memorable design on his van at that time though.  I recall Hans Nielsen had a set of (none more) black leathers with the Danish flag across the shoulders and back that were stolen and at the practice of one World Champs meet at White City (1980?) he was seen wearing a set borrowed from Bruce Penhall...

Herbalife, I think.

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Herbalife, I think.

That's right... I always get mixed up between that and Dianetics... Which I think Rob Pfetzing was involved with

Just now, iainb said:

That's right... I always get mixed up between that and Dianetics... Which I think Rob Pfetzing was involved with

I think Dianetics sponsored Wolverhampton too, for a while.

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think Dianetics sponsored Wolverhampton too, for a while.

Yes they did... Never saw Tom Cruise at Monmore Green though :rolleyes:

On 22 October 2018 at 11:15 AM, iainb said:

I seem to recall Preben Eriksen had a nice set of orange leathers... And an even better van :lol:

Never saw the van in person but have seen an image of it...scantily clad young lady!

9 hours ago, Robbie79 said:

What about Jamie Habbins pink panther suit? 

And matching bike

Seemond Stevens Evel Knievel suit has to be up their somewhere,anyone got a picture of it?

Edited by Lolhare
Spelling

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, iainb said:

And matching bike

This one

habbin.jpg

• Like 1

Always loved Erik Gundersen's white, gold and black trim suit and matching bike covers. Always looked so professional and immaculately turned out

John Davis Coastal Windows white and pink leathers was quite catching as well.

always loved the arm tassles myself , gary havelock was another , in his bradford days likewise shaun the prawn wilson.

29 minutes ago, gee jay said:

always loved the arm tassles myself , gary havelock was another , in his bradford days likewise shaun the prawn wilson.

Bob Kilby, Doug Wyer and Dave Jessup also!

• Like 1