British Speedway Forum
iainb

Best Race Suit Ever?

On 11/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, NickRushbrook said:

Leigh Adams' red Owen Bros number were a real favourite of mine since 1993....oh and anything with a crossed hammers!

Agreed.  Which was why I bought a set of ex-Leigh Adams bike covers, which just happened to come off the last speedway bike I  rode :D, from his Oxford days.  I didn't ride it very quickly, only got it ever so slightly sideways ;), I may and may not ride again but hey, I can say I rode Leigh Adams' bike :party:....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar, added gloating (!)
  • Like 1

That's ^^ one of the suits I'm talking about, well one if them.  Great rider Siggy, one of too many who didn't fulfill his potential.  Bad ankle injury in 1985ish did for him....

47 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

That's ^^ one of the suits I'm talking about, well one if them.  Great rider Siggy, one of too many who didn't fulfill his potential.  Bad ankle injury in 1985ish did for him....

Apparently Sam Ermolenko ran into him during a race back in the States (1984?) which basically finished Dennis as a World Class competitor.

84 American final i believe. Tried a comeback for a few meetings in 85 then quit. Going on to become a powerboating(?) World champion iirc.

I have Leigh Adams 1993 Owen Bros/Jawa kevlars hanging in the garage.  They are one of my favourites.  I did have one of his 1993 Jawas bikes (engine named "Vinnie"), but since sold.  I still have a spare set of covers for this machine.  

I think the most impressive I've seen for a long time, are the Glasgow team kevlars illustrated in this weeks Speedway Star.  Just about the perfect team image, not like my local team (Poole).

On 11/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, NickRushbrook said:

Leigh Adams' red Owen Bros number were a real favourite of mine since 1993....oh and anything with a crossed hammers!

57 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

1A78AE5C-DA72-4E11-BA60-9E6B1222C9F5.jpeg

Fantastic image! Far better than bland kevlars!

You Should try FervoGear. I just bought a Custom Race Suit. Which I bought from fervogear Sale. Fervogear are experienced designers and craftsmen have a deep understanding of the needs and challenges faced by drivers, and use that knowledge to create the perfect racing suit for you. Highly Recommended.

5 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Always thought Simon Wigg had some wicked race suits 

I never quite liked his green and purple however...ironic, really, that Wiggy was a great advocate of "Team Suits" however he liked to wear very individualistic leathers?

The Carr Brothers - Peter and Louis always looked the part , anodised frames and wheels and engine plates and matching leathers, in the upright era well ahead of their time before those stupid engine covers covered all the interesting parts of the bike. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HGould said:

The Carr Brothers - Peter and Louis always looked the part , anodised frames and wheels and engine plates and matching leathers, in the upright era well ahead of their time before those stupid engine covers covered all the interesting parts of the bike. 

Agree 100%

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

IMO modern bikes look horrible without the covers but  the upright were  a sight to behold when presented in tip top condition ,Ivan's ,Ole's for example then you had Briggo's who's  needed covering up even when clean .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1