Sign in to follow this  
jrs

CrazySue and Speedway Updates

Most probably the best thing about speedway at this time

A huge undertaking and an absolute god send to all fans across the country

Many thanks to Sue and all the texters and updaters everywhere :t:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm suprised the gestapo haven't blamed the updates site for falling crowds!

Give 'em time...

Steve

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm suprised the gestapo haven't blamed the updates site for falling crowds!

21 minutes ago, chunky said:

Give 'em time...

Steve

No need, it's been done already a long time ago when Wolfcry were the first to start providing such updates.

Out of interest how long has updates been going ?

I remember doing them at  the gp challenge in krsko in 2001 for the old yahoogroups email thing when we were over there.. seems crazy long time ago now.

I'm guessing Sue must have been doing it for about eight or ten years now. Shame we don't see her much on the forum these days. It's been invaluable to me for staying in touch.

1 minute ago, jrs said:

I'm guessing Sue must have been doing it for about eight or ten years now. Shame we don't see her much on the forum these days. It's been invaluable to me for staying in touch.

This was my 14th season working for the site and Sue was there before me. it's certainly flown by.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Out of interest how long has updates been going ?

I remember doing them at  the gp challenge in krsko in 2001 for the old yahoogroups email thing when we were over there.. seems crazy long time ago now.

It says a lot that this has been going for 20 odd years, organised and run by the fans for the fans and the BSPA are still unable, with all the technology at our hands these days, to organise something to replace it for the fans... Mind you, i doubt we'd get some of the comical comments on the race reports if they did. Knowing the BSPA they've probably looked at ways of closing it down

Long live live updates

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4

A very big thanks indeed.. I recall getting back from Brandon on a Saturday night, think it was putting on  teletext then watching pages just pass you by until a result and a top scorer came through. How times moved on and now you refresh when there is a big gap between heat results !! 

Silver bee was great at one liners in his updates on the bees, he was particularity complimentary to Hans Andersen and KK (especially if away at Wolverhampton)  The riders all must take a look and it is with a pinch of salt but like a post above mentioned if it was done by the powers above then it would be very dull.

Long may it continue !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coventry_Bee said:

A very big thanks indeed.. I recall getting back from Brandon on a Saturday night, think it was putting on  teletext then watching pages just pass you by until a result and a top scorer came through. How times moved on and now you refresh when there is a big gap between heat results !! 

Silver bee was great at one liners in his updates on the bees, he was particularity complimentary to Hans Andersen and KK (especially if away at Wolverhampton)  The riders all must take a look and it is with a pinch of salt but like a post above mentioned if it was done by the powers above then it would be very dull.

Long may it continue !!!!

SilverBee is sadly missed on this forum, and I think it must be at least a year since he was texting on updates. A sharp wit and a half.

But full marks to all of the others, texters and updaters for doing a difficult job whilst trying to enjoy themselves. Don't know how texters manage on our freezing cold nights when meetings are running late.

• Like 1