British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jrs

CrazySue and Speedway Updates

22 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Out of interest how long has updates been going ?

I remember doing them at  the gp challenge in krsko in 2001 for the old yahoogroups email thing when we were over there.. seems crazy long time ago now.

Former forum member Krissie,created the original Updates site to try to save the monthly bandwidth on this forum,as back in 2002/3 Phil sometimes ran out and the forum went down.

Krissie ran it until sometime in 2005,then Sue picked up the reigns and to keep it going this long is quite the achievement.

The first updates I remember were from a Swindon home meeting in 2000,when WAP phones started to appear.

Edited by Andrew

The most important thing is  - not how long but Hooray! & Huge Thanks that it has kept going.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The most important thing is  - not how long but Hooray! & Huge Thanks that it has kept going.

Many thanks to all the Updates contributors. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

Appciate the efforts of the updates team so thank you, I don't participate in disccusion on there but use it for scores and its a useful resource.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, jrs said:

I'm guessing Sue must have been doing it for about eight or ten years now. Shame we don't see her much on the forum these days. It's been invaluable to me for staying in touch.

I know this is an old post but things got a bit eek in October/November with my dad.

I started doing updates as a texter and sometime updater when it was the old site with Krissie back in 2002 ish,  we moved to our current site in March 2005 and I've been at the helm ever since (albeit reluctantly at first).

Re posting here, I read a lot but don't post that often as my personal opinion could have a negative impact on the site.

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:01 AM, teaboy279 said:

I 've only been with the team for 5 years but I sense that Sue probably ages twice as fast as the rest of us, literally her phone must never be more then a foot away from her charger.

I can say the best texters to read can be the most hard work for the updaters. Often halfway through typing heat 10 comments and heat 12 result is coming through.

Often it means ignoring visitors or family to sit in front a laptop, updating a meeting that sparks no enthusiasm in me, but I know to someone somewhere stuck at work or at a family do those updates are the most significant part of their day. As it would be for me if i was following a Kent away fixture I couldn't get too. That's why it works, we are all fans and want to know how  our teams(or favourite riders)  are doing and that's why it has worked for so long. It's for the fans by the fans.

You are correct with regards to the phone and charger but you forgot the extra charges each year for all the hair dye I have to use now to cover the grey and the site has given me plenty over the years!

I confuzzle people with my texts, I can be sarcastic and flighty all at the same time and no-one quite knows how to react (although I think Fozzie got the hang of it in the end and just ignored my OTT/Silly texts and thankfully never posted my unladylike language). Oh and I must bore them too, everyday chasing, everyday asking the same questions, sometimes several times a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1