British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LaurenceRogers

Mitch Davey back on a bike at Birmingham Weds at West Midlands Threes

BIRMINGHAM host a special three-team tournament in their final home fixture of the season at Perry Barr on Wednesday (7.30).
The Edwards Plumbing Brummies renew rivalries in the ‘West Midlands Threes’ as they take on Heathens and Wolves Select sides.
There’ll also be a special moment following the conclusion of the meeting when injured skipper Mitchell Davey makes an emotional return to the track - just five months after sustaining horrific, serious injuries which included a punctured lung as well as a broken shoulder blade, vertebrae and ribs.
“I’m both excited and nervous if I’m being honest,” Davey said.
“It’s going to be a test to see how everything feels more than anything but it’s took a lot of rest and a lot of patience just to get to this point and while I didn’t think it would be the case at one point, being able to get some laps in at the back end of this season is great going forward.
“It’s going to be good to get back and see all the supporters again and it should also be a good meeting for everyone to watch as well as it’s a really good line-up they’ve managed to put together.”

That's brilliant news to know that Mitch is well on the road to being fit for next season. I hope all goes well tomorrow. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Heathen1984 said:

Cant believe cradley had no say in there own team to ride, bit of a farce wen 1 club r choosing the teams to suit.

but didn't Cradley have the pick of all riders for the rest of this season?

8 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Cant believe cradley had no say in there own team to ride, bit of a farce wen 1 club r choosing the teams to suit.

Who gives 2 shiny sh#tes about who picked the Cradley team ??? Did you not read the TITLE of this thread ???

Mitch Davey 'Back on a bike' ???

INCREDIBLE!!!

13 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

I know it has nothing to do with the great news that Mitch is back on  a bike tonight but to clarify regards the Heathens SELECT ....Bowtell and Andrews ( can't get time off work) ; Bickley + Hampshire ( both pulled out in last few days) ; Edwards (riding for Eastbourne v Cov) ; Jenkins, Perks; Roynon (injured) .

Edited by LaurenceRogers

1 hour ago, LaurenceRogers said:

I know it has nothing to do with the great news that Mitch is back on  a bike tonight but to clarify regards the Heathens SELECT ....Bowtell and Andrews ( can't get time off work) ; Bickley + Hampshire ( both pulled out in last few days) ; Edwards (riding for Eastbourne v Cov) ; Jenkins, Perks; Roynon (injured) .

What about Greg Hancock ??? LOL

It's a thankless task whoever you ask imo....

For me, it's about a line-up that's fair and as equal as possible and that's what we've got!

Looks like Cradley fans have already given up on their team !

15 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Great to see Mitch back on a bike.

PS ..........Heathen , this could be the last time you see Cradley Heathens Compete,don,t you want the Heathens to live on as long as  possible

whatever the team ? 

Id like cradley management to at least pick the team, its funny how cradley and wolves av a novice as our 4th rider. Wonder y that is.

Good to see Davey fit anyway.