British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Lakeside v Workington frid 19th oct 8pm

34 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Great result tonight, but there is still a job to do and Lakeside's top three are capable of winning races at DP.

Any news on Ty? Injuries are the last thing we need right now.

Hopefully he is ok, but if he has to miss the rest of the weekend any idea who would be available?

A post in the thread for tomorrow night says a suspected broken collarbone for Ty and Tero Aarnio will guest tomorrow.

Edited by Godzilla
I can't leave things alone.

2 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Summers Jorgenson?

Summers is injured .

Workington class this year, hope they win the lot

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Yet another Rye House marathon tonight. It got very cold towards the end, and i don't blame the fans that left early.

46 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Hopefully he is ok, but if he has to miss the rest of the weekend any idea who would be available?

Sarj ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Great result tonight, but there is still a job to do and Lakeside's top three are capable of winning races at DP.

Howarth would fit in & could replace Bewley at home instead.

Then with r/r for Proctor, the remaining six riders could share out his rides & if required, you could use Bickley in a tough r/r heat (ht13?), thereby allowing Campton to take 2  of KB's scheduled rides ;)

Edited by cyclone

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Workington class this year, hope they win the lot

Why thank you Pinny, we hope we win them all as well !

14 hours ago, marko said:

Seems as bit odd as Adam Ellis used to ride for you and Nick Morris helped you win the league but if you would rather cheer the Comets that's your right.

As others have said, theres the Klindt link, plus I do help Kyle Bickley. Smashing family too.

Other side is of course Adam Ellis and I used to help Kyle Newman! Stood chatting to Keith most of the night.

Proctor got his left arm caught between the back wheel and the spoiler.Nasty crash and full credit to Lawson, who also fell. He tried untangling Proctor from his bike.

Depending on dates, I hope to be there for at least one of the Play Off Final meetings.

Deserved their win on the night as well. I sincerely hope they finish the job on Saturday.

So good to see one of the so called 'unfashionable' clubs coming to the fore. Up the Comets!!

Edited by BobC
  • Like 7

That was a horrible looking crash last night. I feared the worst when Richard starting frantically yelling for help for Ty. Such a relief to see Ty walk back to the pits eventually. 

As a Hammers fan of course I'm unhappy with the result, but full credit has to go to the Comets for a great performance even after they were down to 5 men. Still, it's not over yet so hopefully we can bounce back today and pinch the trophy from the Comets grasp. I can't help but feel that losing our home track advantage has been very costly to Lakeside. If we end up not winning anything I certainly wouldn't begrudge the Comets some silverware. Like us, their fans have had a long long wait for some glory.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Bryce said:

That was a horrible looking crash last night. I feared the worst when Richard starting frantically yelling for help for Ty. Such a relief to see Ty walk back to the pits eventually. 

As a Hammers fan of course I'm unhappy with the result, but full credit has to go to the Comets for a great performance even after they were down to 5 men. Still, it's not over yet so hopefully we can bounce back today and pinch the trophy from the Comets grasp. I can't help but feel that losing our home track advantage has been very costly to Lakeside. If we end up not winning anything I certainly wouldn't begrudge the Comets some silverware. Like us, their fans have had a long long wait for some glory.

I think you are right about losing the home track advantage.

However, I have a funny feeling it will be very tight up there in Cumbria.

We must gate a bit better than last night though..

• Like 1

On 18 October 2018 at 5:11 PM, cityrebel said:

If tomorrows match can't attract a decent crowd, nothing will.

Atrocious racing at Rye will always put people off going there.  Only 2 passes after the first lap last night, no passing until heat 8 in the first Peterborough match last time!  The track has one line and the Hammers riders are not fans of the place at all, it's like riding every meeting at an away track, which 9 times out of 10 favours the outside gates.  

Every meeting I try to count the number of people wearing Rockets gear at the track.  The last two matches I counted 3 and 4.  Obviously I didn't see everyone, but the few Rye fans attending show that they don't enjoy the product on that track.  Viewing at the circuit is far from ideal too.

Have not been to Rye yet with Lakeside there, was thinking about going Sunday but the fact that a change of location has not helped the clubs inability in getting meetings done in a timely fashion plus the fact I have heard nothing good about the racing means I will more than likely leave it for this season and see what happens during the winter, if we stay at Rye then some things will need to change.

I was keeping an eye on twitter last night and even allowing for the crash to Ty, most heats were taking almost ten minutes to complete so it was no shock that the meeting took well over two hours to complete, all in all your not going to get fans going when its like that and the racing is crap.