British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

Reading the report on the BSPA site last night from Rye House it seems that Rasmus took another knock but kept on racing despite some discomfort!

Whatever happens in the next few meetings this years Comets team have been fantastic, fixture farce, injuries and rain offs, for those about to race we salute you.

A  TEAM TO BE PROUD OF .

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Whatever happens in the next few meetings this years Comets team have been fantastic, fixture farce, injuries and rain offs, for those about to race we salute you.

A  TEAM TO BE PROUD OF .

As someone from the steel city, I couldn't agree more. Starting out as an unfancied team you're now mopping up all the silverware. Well done Comets!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

That ride a couple of weeks ago when he pulled up on first lap could prove costly for him !

As could any poor scoring ride in the last 20 meetings as that is what the averages are based on. It happens. :rolleyes:

Feel sorry for Ty but good move getting Tero as it now stops us using him on Thursday. :nono: :sad:

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Gutted for Ty :( forecast looks okay on Met office let’s hope this drizzle does one !

And the stomach starts churning :lol: last Sunday was bad enough it’s fantastic to be a Comets fan at the minute but very stressful , lol !! 

Best of luck boys we right behind you , let’s start the treble :t:

We share your pain & the Panthers pain in having injuries during a season as posters have put on other threads about injuries hampering them at the end of the season but when is a good time. Our season was hampered during our 1st meeting losing Stevie as we were hoping for a season like yourselves with the team that we had assembled..

Hope the other injuries are not too serious as we don't want to use too many guests at the busy end of the season & use that as excuses. Take Wolverhampton as an example last year losing Lindgren & Thorssell. It is on the Kings Lynn, Poole  & Somerset threads but it is part of our sport & the use of guests will continue.

Looking good for Workington .but don't under estimate the scoring power of hammers top three and if they get some back up from the other lads it could be close ..hope you have a good meeting and the riders stay safe..

• Like 1

Your top 3 could score 30-35 & Workington's top scoring rider might score 12 or 13 but by checking the averages, Workington have done well by scoring in depth, taking points of each other, having a good reserve in Campton, Jensen or Bach & minimizing last places as proven last night.

I keep reading if only they had Bewley fit & again it was on the updates posts but he is not a big hitter & their riders have covered for him very well. How Workington's team average is around 42 with the success they are having is amazing.

Moving to Rye has lessened your chances of winning anything but it has still been a good season for you.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

Yeh blooming rain, eased off, started again. Hoping to be on Monday night but not yet confirmed, from Hoggy. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Oh no poor Ty, is this going to screw up his chance of visa for next year? He can't make 7 average and now can't compete in his state championships right?

Tero rode well against us last time he was at Derwent Park so should be a good guest.

I’m gutted for him! He’d just arrived at the meeting tonight as it was called off! :( 

Unsure how it will all pan out... can he swap to another state champs date? Be a real disappointment for him to miss out, and even worse for him to miss out on a visa for next season! Especially after the hoops he jumped through to race for the Comets this season :unsure:

We will see watch this space! It’s a crying shame we will be racing our finals with such a depleted team. 

No matter what, the comets have made us prour all season, and well deserved I say :cheers:

• Like 2

I have to feel for my mate 'falconhammer,' who drove all the way up there from Hertfordshire. To suffer a rain off that far from home is a killer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I believe Campton flies home on Tuesday so that he can ride in the Aussie Champs on the Saturday. Another with average/visa problems.

So sorry for any that travelled any distance, particularly the away supporters such as falconhammer.

Just got home myself. That's another reason for the Comets to move to Carlisle - its a far better climate, dry as a bone here (and warm):wink:

• Like 2

Whoever played "Walking On Sunshine" I'm afraid the ritual to stop the rain didn't work, even if Katrina and The Waves did sing their heart out :P 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Unsure how it will all pan out... can he swap to another state champs date? Be a real disappointment for him to miss out, and even worse for him to miss out on a visa for next season! Especially after the hoops he jumped through to race for the Comets this season :unsure:

The PL threshold is 6.25 and his GSA is 6.57 so he should be OK.

9 minutes ago, BobC said:

I believe Campton flies home on Tuesday so that he can ride in the Aussie Champs on the Saturday. Another with average/visa problems.

That's the Victoria State Championships although he's a NSW rider so I don't know how that works. The national championships aren't until 3rd-12th January.

4 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

The PL threshold is 6.25 and his GSA is 6.57 so he should be OK.

That's the Victoria State Championships although he's a NSW rider so I don't know how that works. The national championships aren't until 3rd-12th January.

He could be just giving himself a couple of chances maybe! 

As for Ty, he needs to reach 7.00 to get his visa for next year as far as we are all aware! I’m sure there’s some way he can manage to work it out! 

Hey maybe one of us might have to marry him to get a visa :wink::wink: hands up....THJ?! 

• Like 2